Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar

Discussion in Product Reviews started by GeeCee • Jul 31, 2015.

1. GeeCee

GeeCeeMember

Threads:
    So, my wife and I always buy Apple cider vinegar, in particular, Bragg's. We've got bottles for years, and when we started buying them the price was about four dollars for the 32 ounce bottle.

Then, the prices start going up. We noticed that that same 32 ounce bottle went up to about $7-$9, depending on where we bought it. Then one day, we decided to see if we could buy the bottles from Bragg's directly. We went to the website, and it said that all of their vinegar was sold out. We couldn't believe it. The one thing that you sell, and your're completely out of it?

So, one day I'm walking through Wal-Mart, and I see that they are selling apple cider vinegar made by Heinz, the ketchup maker. Upon closer inspection, I see that they are selling the same type of apple cider vinegar that Bragg's sells. Complete with the gunky "mother" at the bottom of it. Best thing of all, it's only four dollars a bottle.

Well, we've been using the Heinz ever since. Sorry Bragg's, I think you got a little too big for your britches, and now you've lost a customer. Has anyone else who drinks apple cider vinegar seen this?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yikes, I don't drink Apple Cider Vinegar but maybe I will start. I see a post down below touting it as a fantastic weight loss tool. I know it is good in recipies and can even be used for ear infections so it might be a product to use and to take advantage of to get the therapeutic benefits you need. I used to use it in my dogs ears when he was getting bacterial infections.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always thought apple cider vinegar was apple cider vinegar until I tried Heinz. It's gawd awful in comparison to the others I've used, which only had slight differences between them. If it does what you use it for, then that's awesome.. I just found it grody lol.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard it has many positive uses, and always keep some on hand, but I hadn't realized it was also good for ear infections, let alone doggy (or kitty?) bacterial ear infections. I'm going to have to do some research on this, to see if I can use it with my kitties. I have one in particular who has frequent ear issues, so it might be worth a shot.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I put the vinegar on my greens. I tried drinking the stuff and thought I would dye it was awful. I couldn't breath for awhile after drinking the vinegar. I have heard that the drink can be used to help loss weight but I think I will find another way to keep my weight down.

6. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I make use of apple cider vinegar to prepare some foods, and mixed with a bit of baking soda when I feel acid reflux is coming through, however I don't have any brand label of predilection.

Now, when it comes to Heinz, I stick to their ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise. Any other product they elaborate seems to me kind of out of context.

7. legeipslt

legeipsltMember

Threads:
    I buy Kroger store brand Apple Cider Vinegar and add it to a mink oil solution with a bit of water for my dogs when I groom them. I place it into a spray bottle. ACV is well known to be good for a dog's skin. I have two Chihuahuas and a few years ago, during the winter months, one dog developed flaky skin like dandruff. Instead of rushing to the veterinarian for tests and a diagnoses, I started adding AVC to what I was already using which is Bio-Groom Mink Oil Instant Coat Conditioner.

I spray the dogs until they're nice and wet and then use a shedding blade to remove dead fur. After they air dry, there is no odor from the Apple Cider Vinegar and they smell nice and sweet.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I haven't gone through the price thing for I always go and get apple cider vinegar generic Walmart brand and it's so cheap! I like to drink it in a cocktail of ice cold water of 16 oz. with just up to 12 drops of cider vinegar in it for medicinal uses for weight control and to stop LDL cholesterol. I have found that cider vinegar brand names have gone up, way up though so like Tispiegel who uses cider vinegar for his fur babies I buy generic store brand for it's a lot cheaper.

9. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I've also noticed the price was high for apple cider but usually bought it anyway. I buy the organic one because I feel like it is better. I recently started buying it at Costco. Its about $16 for 64 oz and its organic.

10. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I use apple cider vinegar for everything (cleaning, beauty products, drinking etc) so I go through ALOT of it. I like to use organic but found that in the store it can be very expensive. Recently I noticed Costco started selling it! I was so excited because 1. It's organic 2. It's comes in a half gallon size and 3. It's half the price of a small bottle in a local store.

11. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used apple cider vinegar for many years now, but I recently discovered that even the Heinz vinegar is not real apple cider vinegar anymore. The jug says apple cider FLAVORED vinegar ! !
    I think that if you get some vinegar and it actually has the mother in the bottom (sediment) then it is truly real apple cider vinegar; but unless it has that, and you can see it, it very well could just be flavored vinegar and not really apple cider vinegar.
    I also have some Braggs vinegar, and it is not cheap; but it is definitely real vinegar.
    I have been reading an ebook about pickling and it also tells about making vinegar. Acording to what II read, if you add some of the real apple cider vinegar (like Braggs) to a gallon of fresh apple cider or apple juice, then you just let the whole thing set for the next 3-4 months, you will have made a gallon of real vinegar.
    Since fall is coming soon, and fresh apple juice will be available at the store and farmers market, I am going to get a gallon of it and try making my own real apple cider vinegar.

12. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I used to buy Braggs ACV with the mother, too, but for some reasons, they disappeared from store shelves for a few months. When they returned, they're a bit pricier than before. Thankfully, they're standing side by side with another ACV under the brand name Dynamic Health. I buy the variant with the Mother and Honey. It's more expensive than Braggs, but it has added honey so the difference more than makes up for the price gap.

13. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I have been hearing about the many beneficial uses for this product for a while now. I bought some of the Heinz brand at the grocery store, but I had one heck of a time trying to choke down that stuff. I read that the kind you buy at the grocery store may not be as good anyway, so I think I'll try another brand. Thanks for the recommendations posted. I'll look into it.

I would really like to find some that's 'good' without being too expensive. I want to see if it actually works before I buy a big jug of the stuff.

Cool idea, @Happyflowerlady@Happyflowerlady. Please, let us know if that works. That would be a great way to make sure you always have some on hand, without spending a lot of money.