Herbal Remedies For Pain

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Denis Hard • Dec 6, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Using pain killers for pain relief can prove to be quite costly if you get addicted to the drugs and have to continue using them even long after you no longer need them. There's one way you can avoid this. Use herbs which can do what the drugs you'd get from a pharmacy do.

The following can be your natural pain relief options that would also not cost that much:

- Capsaicin
    - Valerian root.
    - Ginger.
    - Turmeric.
    - Devils Claw
    - Cherries

Any other herbs, fruits or food that can be used to "fight" pain?

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Yes,all of the above are really good ones for pain relief and I would add these to the list;

- Chamomile, drinking it as hot infusion with some drops of lemon for stomach pain relief.
    - Arnica, for muscle pain and joint pain relief whether as drinking tea or used as poultice over bruises or aching areas, particularly if swollen.
    - Borage, is used for pain relief in rheumatoid arthritis, premenstrual syndrome, and inflammatory swelling processes.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We also use ginger that is brewed into tea which is good for stomach pains. Another plus is the lowering of cholesterol level when you drink ginger tea. For muscle pains, we have here the sambong leaves that is native to the Philippines. The leaves are compressed with pestle and applied on the affected part. Sambong leaves give off heat that relieves the muscle pains in a natural way.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Willow leaf extract would be a great pain reliver as well as it is a natural form of aspirin and people used to chew this as an analgesic long before synthetic asprin was invented. Also it depends on the nature of your pain. For those who have difficulty with their joints due to arthirits..something like Glucosamine Chondritin is great as well. Or Chitin...all of these I believe are made of the shells of shellfish.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up on these herbal pain remedies, @Denis Hard! I have used valerian root in the past, but that was to tackle insomnia. I never knew it could also be used for pain relief :)

I know Devil's Claw is believed to cure many ailments, but I've never personally used it. It's very widely available here too, because the plant used is found in Botswana, believe it or not! I have a Dutch friend who swears by it. Outside of PMS, I don't often get any pain, so I don't know of any herbal remedies to share :(

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do use some of these for my chronic and intermittent pain, so it's a good list to have. I've Watched the thread, just in case anyone adds to it. I'm down to over the counter remedies for the most part, but occasionally, I do have to resort to using prescription medication and/or steroid injections. Two things that I use quite a bit are heat and cold. I often alternate the two, using heat packs/pads and ice packs, and going from one to the other helps a lot with both my pain and inflammation.

7. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like to brew ginger tea to help with an upset stomach. I also like Tiger Balm for muscle aches and pains. My aunt grows comfrey and will make a skin cream with the oil. She says it's great for mosquito bites and back pain. I've tried arnica for bruises and muscle strains. It works great.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I love holistic ways to cure and relieve everything. I'll add pineapple too to stop pain. I have pineapple tea and when I get a sore throat or aches I drink my tea and it helps so much. Here is an article about it: