Herbs Expiration

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Ke Gordon • Apr 6, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been cleaning out my tall closet in the bathroom. My cream and lotion collection is absurd by the way. I should never buy another one! However, I was wondering about herbs that I have purchased in a jar like Bilberry and Burdock and things like that. I don't see any clear expiration on them like medicine. How long are they good? Where is the expiration date posted? Some of these I have had for quite some time. I mean years. Should I pitch them all?

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think they are good if it has been years. Their effectiveness is not going to work anyway so you probably want to chuck them out and start using a system with labels so you know when you bought the creams.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, actually the creams and lotions are something different. However, yeah I think the herbs may need to be gone. I don't really use them anyway. Some of them are newer. I think I could keep the ones are a year old or less. That might be a solution.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The most I'd keep would be those that are perhaps two years old. I'd chuck the rest of the herbs/medicines. I need to do that myself. I do go through them periodically, but I'm starting to learn that I need to keep those sorts of items up here, rather than down in the main bathroom or kitchen, where I don't see them all of the time, so forget to use them.

I had a huge stash of soaps and lotions, but haven't bought many lately, and am almost finished with my stash. I don't tend to use as much lotion as I used to, so that stash is lasting longer than the soaps, which I use just as much as I did before.