Here comes Honey Boo Boo, Really? Did you watch?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Pocs • Aug 10, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    First I did watch, I watch a lot of TLC shows so I thought I would give it a try. Ok here we go again not a show that tends to show southerns in a bad light, but again a show were the family is just a plain working class family trying to make it day to day. We've seen it before, Jon and Kate, 19 Kids and Counting, just to name a few. This season and maybe next, it's all plain old plain old. Let's see if season three shows some changes, new homes being built, new cars going on trips. Was it entertaining a little, not worth a second viewing so, There Goes Honey Boo Boo from my tv watching schedule.

2. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I've never even heard of this. I'd be interested in watching it just to see if I can get into these shows. I like these type of shows, though.

3. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of it but if it is just like the rest, I'll pass. :rolleyes: Thanks for the heads up!

4. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I like 19 kids and counting - only because I am in complete awe as to how people can cope with that many kids! I used to watch Jon and Kate but when they split it got so dirty between them in the press that it became more than obvious that the whole show was nothing but a money maker for the parents - I mean I know everyone deserves a living but to have your kids filmed virtually 24/7 felt wrong to me. Honey boo-boo I seem to vaguely remember as being a mini beauty queen?? I don't watch anything like that - I find the sight of 4 year olds made up to look like 20 year olds disgusting.

5. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    You haven't ??? How's that possible ? Where do you live ? :O

6. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    Ugh I purposely did NOT watch this!! I felt that if I contributed to the viewer count it would be less likely to get yanked. I just don't understand having a show like this...there are many more interesting, less showy families that they could follow. The family, and network, are using this girl for their 15 minutes...I hope the viewers realize this and stop watching

7. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    You too ? Where do you people live ? I mean seriously xD

8. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I watched it. She is so cute and funny. Honestly it is not that bad like people are claiming it to be. I guess I like it, because I live in the South. Not too far from where the show is airing. If people can watch all the other ridiculous shows on TV, they can watch this one. Only thing is, they are very country. 19 kids and counting is a really unbearable show that people watch. If you can watch that you can watch this. People need to lighten up.

9. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    That's just it, in my case I can't sit through any of those shows...I think this new trend of following people's lives is getting too out of hand. I don't want to know what Tori Spelling is having for dinner and I don't want to know how many kids someone is having. And don't get me started on my feelings about 16 and Pregnant!! I think that show should be banned because to me it screams "Get pregnant young so you can be on TV"

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amen! I saw the advertisement for the show while watching a repeat of What Not to Wear. I had never heard of the child before and the commercial made it seems like I should. There are some reality shows I like, but those are based on skill or talent. I like Project Runway and The Biggest Loser (when it's not drama-filled) and What Not to Wear. That's about it for me. I really don't understand the proliferation of all these reality shows.

11. plsargent

plsargentNew Member

Threads:
    We don't have cable in our house, but someone posted a clip on Facebook and so I watch that little portion of it. That will never be on in my house. I can't believe what people think is good TV these days. It seems like anyone can be a TV start if you want to degrade yourself and your family enough. Maybe it's just me, but I would not want the world to see my family 24/7. It would not be real, I would hire a maid and make sure my house is spotless 24/7, that there is not one stitch of dirty clothing in the house things like that. But I guess that's why I'm NOT on TV and those people are.

12. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I was going to watch, but then changed my mind. I watched the episode of Toddlers and Tiaras with her and her family on it that came on before. I DVRed Here comes honey boo boo but then deleted without watching.