Here Maps by Nokia

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Beautyspin • Jan 7, 2015.

1. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    My Daily driver is Google Maps as it is the most complete mapping solution available bar none. Especially in India, this beats all other maps hands down with the detailed maps of each location so that you really do not have to ask anybody for directions, it is so clear. This is particularly great in Indian Cities which are not planned like US cities. But I am liking Nokias here maps. They are free and they are offline maps too. Google Maps has a offline option but once that is used, the details are not so great. It becomes worse than Nokia Here. It also does not do automatic route recalculation properly while offline. Nokia's here maps does this but it is slow when used offline which is understandable.

So anybody else here uses HERE maps and can they share their experiences with that?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here Maps is good in countries outside of the United States because of its offline features. However, Maps does beat it in most territories without even blinking. Here Maps is just lacking in certain areas, and some big features are missing. Still, the offline availability is a key feature that's necessary where cell reception isn't great or doesn't exist at all. I'd recommend it to most people, assuming that Google Maps isn't available for whatever reason.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nothing can beat Google Maps. It has been improved and upgraded through the years. A lot of research has been put into it thus making it simply unbeatable. Not even the Maps app of Apple could compete with it. I have a friend who has a Nokia smartphone and he hates the app. Lol.

If I want an offline map app, I could easily just get a good one in the Play Store. :D