Here's one for the DIY-er

Discussion in Home & Garden started by MrsJones • Nov 29, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a Diy-er and a lot of the projects that I engage in require the power drill. I haven't as yet ventured to buy me a cordless drill so I use the electric one. The one thing whether using a cordless or an electric drill is that you have to switch out the bits. One to make the hole to one to drill the screw in the hole that you've drilled. It becomes a pain when there are a lot of screws needed in the project. There's got to be an easier way so that drilling and screwing doesn't take up so much time. I know it comes with the territory, but maybe someone can share your approach with me? :)

2. Timetrvlr

TimetrvlrMember

Threads:
    Use two drills,one for drilling, the other for a screwdriver. When I put a a metal roof on our home, I bought two identical cordless drills for that purpose and included it in the cost of a new roof. In your case, you already have one electric drill, perhaps buy a cordless drill to go with it? In Canada, good cordless drills sell for about $69. It doesn't have to be a big name brand, they are all good quality. If money is an issue, you can pick up a good corded drill at yard sales for as little as three dollars.