Hey Mommies and Daddies..Do you know of any good books for babies?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Rosa_Camilla • Oct 11, 2012.

1. Rosa_Camilla

Rosa_CamillaNew Member

Threads:
    Do you have any favorite books you read to your little ones,those that they truly enjoy? Can you share some? I'm planning to buy a book or two for my son and I want those titles that kids would really enjoy and pay attention to. Thanks!

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    My five year old granddaughter has just been reading

by Judith Kerr. The class did activities such as saying what the tiger would have for tea if he came to their house. I'm sure children of any age would love it, with its simple story and colourful illustrations.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    When my kids were babies, they always loved "Goodnight Moon" and Mother Goose. As they got a little older, they also loved "If You Give a Mouse a Muffin" and all of the Dr. Suess stories. I think it is great that you are getting your son involved in reading at a very young age. I do feel that it helps them out tremendously later in their school years if you can make it part of their daily lives when they are little. Good job!

4. Amaris

AmarisNew Member

Threads:
    There is a book called "My book of bible stories" the illustrations are amazing. I have tried it with my eight month daughter and she gets very attentive and even points at the pictures making 'gooos' and 'ahhh' sounds. She now knows the book that when i walk in with it she jumps excitedly. I got the book from a neighbor but i think it is published by the watchtower people.

5. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    "I'll love you for always." It's a sweet story and little ones like it because it's really easy for them to learn to say it along with you. They also like seeing the little boy grow up.

6. englerja

englerjaMember

Threads:
    My girls have all loved Sandra Boynton books as babies and toddlers. Some of our specific favorite titles are The Going to Bed Book, Moo Baa LaLaLa, and Barnyard Dance. Other favorites are I Love You Through and Through and anything by Dr Suess.

7. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    My daughter is 20 months old and her current favorites are: Goodnight Moon, Click Clack, Crocodile's Back, and Big and Little. I personally love reading Goodnight Moon to her the most.

8. Alma

AlmaNew Member

Threads:
    My 20 month and 5 year old sons enjoy the children books of the author, Eric Carle. There are a variety of them. Both my sons enjoy "The very hungry caterpillar"; "Brown Bear, Brown Bear what do you see" and "The mixed up chameleon". Some of these are sing along books which is great.

9. Susie

SusieNew Member

Threads:
    I don't think you can go wrong with any book by Dr. Seuss. Babies and kids of all ages love the funny pictures and silly stories. These books also help introduce babies and kids to rhyming. Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham is a great choice.

10. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    My mother found some more garage sale treasures, and my daughter's favorites now also include the "How Do Dinosaurs..." series by Jane Yolen.