High End Laptop Or Custom Built Pc?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by RogMeet • Jun 27, 2017.

1. RogMeet

RogMeetNew Member

Threads:
    I would like to own a high end laptop than a custom built PC, all credits going to the portability it offers but for me the concern is that will it actually last long enough provided the overheating of laptops in general than PC's.

I mostly use laptop for programming, intense gaming and using some audio-video rendering softwares. Any other points
    on either sides are welcome.

2. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I would prefer a PC because of they are more durable and easier to abuse. I can use them for 10 hours without worries for overheating. If you want a portable computer, just go for a tablet. It is much more cheaper than a laptop and doesn't over heat easily.

3. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    Depends on what you are really looking for. If you travel a lot and change places, or use your computer for work mostly then you are probably looking for a high end lap top. And don't worry about overheating, you can always buy an external cooler to cool down your lap top, they aren't even that expensive. You can find a good one for about $30 or so. Custom built PCs are better in my opinion but lap tops are more practical.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Until now, our plan to purchase a new computer is still in the air because we are still undecided. I want a laptop but it’s expensive. It is better to buy a high end desktop. However, the desktop has no mobility which I now need for my travels. But if I have the budget, I would go for a good laptop, not exactly high end because it is very expensive but just a laptop with moderate power.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I would also go for another laptop, a 2 in 1 preferably Microsoft Surface Pro-4 as my next buy. I don't see any problem using a laptop or miss any feature when I checked it in a store a few weeks before. I agree it has a smaller screen but the facilities it provides that is unmatched. I have my plans to buy one on my return to India for its long battery life, storage and saving on tax.

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest buying a custom-built PC because given the same power, it is so much cheaper, have plenty of room for upgrades, and are generally more durable. The price difference is so glaring that you can still afford to buy a laptop with decent specs on top of the desktop. That will take care of your needs to be portable when you have to.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I'm also planning in getting myself a laptop but I'm still in a great dilemma. I don't know which one to get, laptop or a custom-built PC.Laptops are expensive compared to custom-built desktops wherein you can have higher specs with the amount that you'll get for a laptop. I don't go out that often that's why I'm considering in getting a desktop instead, not to mention that it's cheaper. The only thing I like about the laptop is that I can bring it anywhere, especially when we visit grandma and spend a few days at their place.

8. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    It depends on what you're going to use it for. If you're going to use it for work with occasional gaming, then go for a high-end laptop. It can be durable and run the latest games pretty well. But if you're looking for the absolute best gaming experience, then get a custom build desktop. It will be a lot cheaper than a high-end laptop but the catch is that it's not portable, so it's not suitable for traveling.

9. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think high end desktop has more cost than laptop. Some of the laptop specs are cheaper and similar to the desktop. So it's helpful to make use of the laptop instead of the desktop. So in such case where you're building the desktop for gaming. In such case with that configuration you can make use of the laptop. That is something you'd find me making use of the machine. I also Android development so I'd go for the higher end desktop.