High Heels Kill!

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by keytcee • May 11, 2015.

1. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I see so much Heels in shoe stores that I think would really go great with an outfit I have or that would make my legs look amazing but I can never buy them because I just can't wear heels! I have a few pairs at home because I needed them for formal events but every time I get into one, I'm so uncomfortable and my feet would feel like they're dying!

I really love how they look on me and I really want to be able to wear heels without feeling like my feet are about to kill me. I think this also has to do something with me being flat footed. Do you think there's a solution for this or do you think I should let go of dreaming of wearing a pair of heels comfortably?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    There are many companies making heeled shoes with a rubber sole and not just Crocks either. Some of the prices can range from high to standard. If you are looking for something lower end, then go for a thicker heel instead of a stiletto. Thicker heels can be just as pretty and they are especially pretty when your foot isn't all swollen up inside of them!

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be totally comfortable in them, then I started dance and as soon as I did that I no longer liked high heels because I can't point my toes in them. I hate how I lose so much range of motion in my foot due to the shape of the shoe. It's not that the shoe hurts, it's that I am constantly annoyed by the fact that I can't move the way I want to and I'm always afraid I'm going to wreck them by pointing my toes really hard when I'm not even thinking about it.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Depending on the type of shoe, you may be able to purchase insoles for the ones you already have. I plan to do this myself; I’ve got some Dr. Scholl’s coupons just sitting around. I also agree on getting a thicker heel for more support, if you have a craving for new heels at any point.

5. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really wear heels because they make me feel uncomfortable, and they hurt my feet. However, I read somewhere that you can do feet exercises regularly to lessen the pain. You can search online if you want to try this!

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to have to wear heels everyday for work and now I love my ballet pumps and anything flat. I can bear to wear heels, but now I can choose to wear them.

I do love them for special events or with certain outfits, but on a daily basis it takes away the pleasure as some heels do make you feel good.

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of heels at all. I will wear them from time to time but only for nights out. I certainly don't bother at work. I walk or cycle everywhere and you just can't do that in heels so they are rarely worn.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not worn a pair of high heels in years, I would not know how to walk in them. I wear a mid hight heel to keep from hurting myself. The higher heels are pretty but it is not worth the chance of hurting myself trying to walk in them. Lower heels are good enough.

9. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I love the look of high heels, many of them are beautiful and true works of art, but some of them are just not practical to wear for long periods of time. Of course, insoles can help some, depending on the shoe, your weight, the height of the heel.
    I have some nice heels, but I don't wear high heels like I used to because I don't go out to many of the places that I used to go. Plus I need to lose some weight to be as comfortable as I would like to be in heels:).

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are not many heels out there that are comfy! As a result of this, I only have two pairs of stilettos, and the rest are thicker heels or wedges. They spread your weight and the foot rests at a very comfortable angle, but you still get the desired effect. So I only wear the stilettos sometimes if I'm going out at night and when I'm guaranteed a lift to and from the venue, and when I know there's going to be doing very little walking. I find insoles and gel cushions of all sorts are helpful, especially the Scholl ones. I live in my brogues and flat pumps otherwise :)

11. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a fan of high heels. When I look at the deformed feet of women who have worn high heels for many years, it's enough for me to never even want to think about wearing shoes with soles that are higher than two inches. Platform shoes can be alright from time to time, especially if you have lower back pain or a slight misalignment in your hips. I know of an osteopath who "prescribes" women to wear platform shoes for a few weeks while he treats their pelvic misalignment. Apparently they keep your hips in balance.

12. jusjalynn

jusjalynnMember

Threads:
    Heels for me are comfortable. I'm not one to wear heels all the time, but I can handle wearing them for hours at a time with no problem. You should probably get some shoe inserts, because it can really lessen the pain of wearing heels. Also, the kind of heels you are wearing can impact the pain in your feet. I think heels with platforms on them are the most comfortable, because it offers more support. I think wedge heels are the most comfortable off all, regardless of the height and width of the heel. To me, wedges are easier to balance in and have a little cushion.

13. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    I'm around 5 ft 10 and I love heels. Very few things can transform an outfit like wearing a pair of heels. I own dozens of heels and usually try to ignore the pain because I look good lol. For affordable heels that are very comfy, my favorite brand is Tender Tootsies. I don't know if it's sold in the US, but Tender Tootsies make incredible long lasting shoes. I bought my first pair about 5 years ago today and it's still super comfy and looks great.

14. Larawarnick

LarawarnickNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, you are right it enhance the look of the dress. It is like bread to butter if you wear heels which matches with your dress.
    Last weekend, I have tried NinaArmando heels and you do not believe me, everyone was talking about my heels.

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You are not alone, OP. I cannot wear heels either, and it truly sucks because although I can be sexy and enhance my look without them, just to sling on a pair of high heels, would really be the cherry on top in some cases, but I cannot walk in them. It sucks. I go more for comfort anyway, and can look good. But heels are a no-go for me, because of how awful they are in terms of comfort.

16. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Whatever floats your boat then you should go for it by all means. Don't pay too much attention to what people say or think because at the end of the day, whether or not you're comfortable with your heel purchases, as long as you're emotionally satisfied wearing them, it's your happiness that matters. I personally prefer wearing flat shoes because I have poor balance and a lazy style of walking. Heels don't really work for me. I just wear them during special and formal events.