High heels or flats?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Jennifer • May 16, 2012.

1. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I just love high Heels!! Whether they stilletos, platforms, whatever, as long as they sky high!
    I think I will be wearing high heels till I'm eighty. Bunions and all! :D How do you girls feel?

2. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I personally hate heels. I'm not used to wearing them and they only make my feet hurt so much. I'm always wearing flats... Actually, I'm always wearing rubber shoes. The comfier they are for me, the better. I'm not one to care so much about fashion anyway.

3. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I like both flats and high heels, depending on the occasion. Flats are nice for casual, but I hate the ballerina-looking ones. I like wedges and other high-heels that don't exceed 3 to 4-inch-tall heels.

4. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I wear flats 99.999999999% of the time. I hate heels with a passion. I have very high arches and they kill me. Plus, it seems like I've read somewhere that heels are bad for your feet if you wear them frequently or for really long periods of time.

5. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I've never been a fan of high heels, even though they'd add to my 5' 2" height. I need to be comfortable first and foremost, so flats, or small heels, are the order of the day for me. I also have several joint problems, and high heels would probably make them worse. I live in Spain, and the shoes here are very stylish, whether they're flats or heels, so I'm always spoiled for choice.

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I used to love wearing heels when I was younger. I was like you and thought that I would wear heals forever. Well now that I am older, it is nothing but flats for me. If I do try to wear heels now, not only do they hurt my feet and back, I can't walk normal in them so I look pretty foolish. I also live in snow country and heels are not safe to wear in the winter around here!

7. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    If it's for comfort, I will always go for flats. But since I'm short, I don't think it's such a good idea as it would only emphasize on my shortness. Plus high heels can give me the illusion that I actually have long legs! :)

8. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Is this true? My girlfriend also says that wearing high heels would make her legs longer on other people's eyes but they do not look longer to me. :D I would still say that women wearing high heels look extra hot.

9. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    I wear heels usually for special occasions like weddings. I wear flats a lot more casually.

10. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I admire women who can walk in 6 inch heels, but I always manage to fall. I've spent hundreds of dollars on heels, yet I rarely wear them. The only thing I miss about wearing heels is the added height. I'm only 5'4, but I love how heels make me a supermodel's height. When I was in highschool I couldn't wait to wear them.I have a pretty large collection of flats now. I love printed loafers and brogues. My favorite pair are a neon coral color; even the dullest outfit comes alive.

11. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I wear heels when I'm performing on stage... and that's it. As soon as I get off the stage, off go the heels and on go the flats.

12. sejeromachel

sejeromachelNew Member

Threads:
    high heels also bring the beauty in a lady

13. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    It depends a) on the occasion and b) what I'm wearing. I think both have their place. But I am a SUCKER for heels - the higher the better. I did actually fall off my newest pair when I went out in them the other week!

I would also NEVER attend an occasion (wedding/funeral, dinner party - etc) in a pair of flat shoes. It just doesn't feel right to me. My heels make me feel dressed up. Flats are more for just pottering about in, running errands and so on.

14. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    I've never seen a pair of shoes made from rubber. What kind of shoes would be made from rubber?

15. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a fan of the big girl shoes either. I wear them when I have to. BUsiness meetings and special occasions. I always feel more tired after spending a day wearing them. Literally exhausted and achy, like I had spent the name at the gym. I prefer loafers, or sandals. When I was a kid I only wore gym shoes and I had plenty of them.

16. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I never wear heels. I think they are ridiculous. I have tried on a few pair and they pinched my feet just walking in the store. I would rather wear crocs or I usualy wear leather clogs with lots of padding. My legs and feet thank me.

17. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I have a cheap pair of sandals that I knock about in. They are basically flip flops with a one inch heel. That's low enough for me to (literally) run around in, but they still can look classy if I choose to make them so. I love those shoes so much for that reason, haha!

18. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    I wear heels and flats. My choice of style for the day depends on my mood and where I'm going. If it's a casual get-together or a BBQ at a family/friend's place, then I'll wear flats. If it's semi-casual/formal, I'll always choose to wear heels because I might end up somewhere fabulous! :D

19. chigger

chiggerNew Member

Threads:
    I absolutely loathe heels. They give me a muscle strain in the bag of my leg any time I try to wear them. Unless it's a short, gently sloping heel I just can't do it! Flats are typically my style but I can suffer through heels for a very important occasion. I got married in tennis shoes actually.

20. Ainjell

AinjellMember

Threads:
    Hey Jennifer,

I prefer to wear flat shoes when I'm not going out anywhere special. I especially like pretty sandals that accessorize my beautiful feet. However, if I'm going out on the town, to dinner or to a club for the evening, I like to dress up like a DIVA and I love to top it off with a smashing pair of stilletto heels. I have a difficult time wearing heels if they are not 4" or higher. I have a sleek pair of black stilletto heels that make my legs and feet look like Tina Turner LoL If I had a choice, I'd wear my stilletto's everywhere but my biggest fear is falling. I'm so afraid to be embarrassed by falling in such tall heels that whenever I wear them, I hold my best friend's arm all night like we're dating.