High Heels

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Jul 8, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Women love to wear high Heels, but it's something that it's beyond my understanding. I don't want to compare it to smoking cigarettes, but in fact it's a conscientious choice that women make that hurts their health just because of vanity or to look better?... Do you wear high heels? If you're a guy, do you like watching women wearing them?

x-ray_vision__high_heel_shoe_and_foot.

Attached Files:

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I am more of a boots kinda girl. Cowgirl boots are to me what high heels are to a lot of other women. I salivate over them and always think about what I want my next pair look like. My husband prefers me in boots as well. I don't get the appeal of high heels and usually only wear them I have to. Last time I had to wear them was for a wedding in which I was a bridesmaid! Gotta make that bride happy! Luckily, she gave us cute pairs of flip-flops to change into for the reception. I got out of those heels as fast as I could! I wore well, cowgirl boots at my own wedding!

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I own many pairs of heels and wear them quite often. I know they hurt my feet and "throw" my posture but I just think some outfits look better with heels so I figure I will sacrifice a bit so I look nice. Not sure how useful they are but I found stretches that are supposed to be good for women who wear heels a lot so I do them once a day. So far I have not felt any of the effects of regular heel wearing.

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I love my high heels but I only wear them on occasions like wedding outing with my girlfriends or to parties. I am so short and I like to wear them to be a little taller. My boyfriend is real tall and I look a midget when Im walking with him. But truly Im a flat shoe more like Sperry type girl.

5. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    I wear high heels but not on a regular basis. I think heels are like desserts, they may be bad for you but occasionally, it's okay to treat yourself. Plus, high heels can really bring together certain outfits in a way no other shoe can, and they just look so good. For everyday wear, high heels can be very impractical and they can have detrimental effects on you posture and you feet, I would stray away from wearing them daily.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy wearing heels, but not the obscenely high ones that tend to be in style now. Three inches is my limit. Heels are not uncomfortable for me. I don't buy cheap heels. It's just not worth it.

7. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    Heels help your posture, as it makes you look more professional and put together at events, they make your calves and butt look good, and make you look slimmer. I would not say that they are unhealthy or dangerous unless you're mountain climbing or something like that. They also make you taller. Its true they're uncomfortable but you get used to it and some high heel brands are made for comfort. Also they're not misogynistic, in fact you gain a greater sense of authority and power. So that's why we wear heels!

8. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, those are great arguments for wearing high heels pfaemaster and I don't disagree that (some) women to look more sexy when wearing high heels, but if it was up to me and the choice was to look good or to be healthy, I'd go for the second one. Also, for my personal preference, I prefer the sporting type. :)

9. Gadzooks

GadzooksMember

Threads:
    I hate high heels. I refuse to wear them because they feel like they're about to rip my ankle in half. If something is painful, I do not think it is healthy to have to 'get used to it'. I am also very short at 5'. I prefer platforms instead of heels as they evenly displace my body weight. Heels can be very dangerous if you aren't used to wearing them. They also destroy the feet. They push on the bones too much and can cause your toes to move on top of each other. I have seen it first hand. No thanks. I'll figure out another way to look taller. :)

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never worn high heels as they make me feel very uncomfortable, tilting my pelvis into an unnatural position and putting pressure on my spine. You can immediately recognise women who have been wearing high heels for a long time, their feet are deformed and quite frankly, ugly to look at. For me good shoes and proper insoles, that cushion every step I take, are an excellent health investment and will probably avoid any trouble and disfigurement later on in life.

11. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's good old logic working Dora! And you mention that their feet are deformed, which is true, but just imagine what happens with their spine, it has to be deformed as well because the feet are not placed correctly in the floor. Like everything, used with moderation I think women would be fine, but on a daily basis that can be a big problem.

12. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I'm fine to wear high heels, but I would say I would not wear the ones that are way too high to the point that I'm already risking my health. I've seen some women get into terrible accidents just because of their footwear. I think 2-3 inches is just right and anythign more than that is suicide. It also does not look nice when a woman struggles to walk just because she is not wearing the right footwear.

13. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Now that you mention it, my sister-in-law fell from her high heels three years ago and she broke her ankle so bad that she has pieces of metal inside her foot for life, so it was a really nasty fall because of the heels... I would not risk it, but than again I am not a woman, so most likely I will never understand the complete mysteries of high heels.

14. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I use to wear high heels a lot. Then I got an ankle injury, totally unrelated, which made me not able to wear them. I do have 2 pairs, but only wear them for special occasions. But I stick to boots or sandals, occasionally flats, if I want to look nice. A lot of women wear them because they do make them look nice, or so society things, plus "sexy" has been associated with heels which is another reason women wear them. They really are bad for you though, I can't understand why or how certain women can where stiletto heels all the time. I'd be afraid I'd fall and break something.

15. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, they look like circus artists with those stiletto heels, it's something impressive how that thin thing can hold the body up. My wife usually doesn't wear high heels, just in more formal occasions once in a while and I think that's the best option, I mean, in some occasions it's fine, but all the time is really bad for your health.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also have never worn high heels, since I'm already considered taller than the normal female height in my country, plus I think I might slip when I wear one. I just wear wedge sandals at the most.

17. GLOGIK

GLOGIKMember

Threads:
    Hi, I didn't know this thread existed before posting a similar thread. I personally wonder why ladies do this. It kind of makes them behave and move like Robots:D - My biological sisters are also guilty of this. I shared a very funny incidence involving a lady with high-heeled shoes and some taxi drivers, in thread I posted. You can find it here:

I can't understand why ladies won't just wear shoes that make them look and walk smart

18. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that is what I think too, I find it hard to understand, but at the same time I think there is a simple answer called vanity. Women want to look good and they don't care if that hurts their health, they just wear it anyway. More, there is this paradigm that high heels might look fashionable or professional, nonsense IMO.

19. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to wear high heels more often. Now, I don't wear them very often at all. I am 5'8 so wearing high heels all the time make me feel very self-conscious, as I don't like being much taller than everybody else.

20. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I do not wear high heels that much. I normally stick to regular shoes. The only time that I wear heels is on special occasions. My heels are around 4-5 inches and they do hurt my feet sometimes.