High Quality Music

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by seatones • Jul 3, 2015.

1. seatones

seatonesNew Member

Threads:
    How many of you out there insist on listening to music in higher quality than streaming sites like youtube allow? I'd like to hear reasoning behind caring either way.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the "quality" of music [or the perception of quality] would differ from person to person depending on their tastes. Yes I'd note the difference in mp3s but on places like youtube I wouldn't tell the difference between what's higher or lower quality. So for me unless the quality of the music was extremely poor then I wouldn't mind. As long as I'm not paying for the music its quality wouldn't interest me that much.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I listen to music mostly on my phone and get a good qualtiy. The music I listen to on Youtube is mostly mediation music with a good sound to it. Since I am not paying for either of the services I think they are both ok. Sometimes I want to listen to some really old music on Youtube that does not sound good but I think that is because of age and the way the music was saved.

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    It doesn't matter to me as long as I am satisfy with the quality of the song I'm listening to. I think in terms of listening quality, this is really subjective based on a person's taste. Sometimes, I am opt for a streaming service like ITunes for higher quality sound or I may purchase the CD. I don't really rely on YouTube to give me great quality in sound unless I am only interested in the video, which I love to view in its highest quality.

5. TalTBest

TalTBestNew Member

Threads:
    YouTube quality is just fine for me. I guess the best quality is when you buy the song on itunes and get the best version of it, but generally I download from youtube and it's just fine.

6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I normally download music with 320kbps i think that's the high quality bit rate but i couldn't be sure. I just remember someone telling me that but i really didn't do my any more research until i just got used to downloading music in that quality. Before Spotify/Apple Music at least this is what i do sometimes, i download music in a not so legit way. But obviously, things have changed now, there's Apple Music which is totally rocking my world. :p

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a good ear for music so youtube music is all right with me. When we have a party, I would download free music from the internet that we would use in the party for the parlor games. But for high quality music, I guess there isn't any music in the internet with high quality because they are already compressed to comply with the accessing - uploading and downloading.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind listening to low quality music when checking out songs, but I want my mp3's to be at least 128 to 192 kbps. If there are no midrange bitrates available, then I would go for higher bitrates since I have no other choice.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't find Youtube to be low quality, however it is not as convenient to listen to music there as, say, Spotify. I pay for Spotify Premium not because of the higher quality of the sound, but because it is so convenient to have music offline, create playlists, hear other people's playlists ect.