Highly considering texting gloves, these good?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by BrianDouglas • Nov 1, 2012.

1. BrianDouglas

BrianDouglasNew Member

Threads:
    It is getting very cold where I am from soon, and I am a glove wearer in the cold. Usually, I wear leather gloves, but they don't work well on my iPhone at all.

Does anyone here have advice to me for these texting gloves, they are

I don't really quite like the style of them, but if they are comfortable and they don't look as bad as in the photos, what do you say? Am I wasting my money? Does it matter much? How well are they built, can I get away with the ones that cost less down bottom of that page?

Thanks for any help, I was hoping someone WHO HAS THEM or can recommend a brand/type could please give some advice?

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe its because I live in Florida, but I don't think any gloves should cost $18, unless they have built in heaters. It also looks ike a pain to have to put on and take off the fingers just to use the phone.

3. darren777

darren777Member

Threads:
    Yeah,18$ seems kind of expensive for gloves. You could probably make some "texting gloves" yourself for much much cheaper, but if they seem good for your needs they could end up being a good investment.

4. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    As the other's have said, it seems pretty expensive (although I'm guessing that's because there's something inside them that makes them work). It might be possible to make your own I suppose, but if you really text a lot, $18 is worth it in my opinion.

5. thousandtrees

thousandtreesNew Member

Threads:
    They're marking those up by at least $10 just by calling them texting gloves. I bought a two pack of the stretchy magic gloves with that silver threading in them at Ardene (admittedly a girly shop and they might be small for your hands) for $6 and I wouldn't pay more than that. They work like a dream. The main reason I wouldn't pay more is that on those ones, you still have to expose your fingers. Look for the ones that have the silver thread or silver fingertips as you won't have to fiddle with them or get your hands cold. If you really want the ones with the flip tips, you can get them in Target too, and they probably only cost half the price. I lose gloves really easily anyway, so I never buy expensive ones.

If you're creative, you could probably buy a pair of the silver finger ones and graft the fingertips onto regular gloves, but barring that, Urban Outfitters sells ones with the thread throughout for about $12. My husband, who refers to himself as an iPhone evangelist, has a pair and he swears by them.

6. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I actually picked up a pair for $1 at a junk store. I haven't seen the ones on tv, but this pair is thin and knit. They aren't the best color, but for a buck I couldn't go wrong. They've come in handy. I usually carry them and another pair since they are thin.

7. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    It's a rip off. I had actually hoped that you could somehow put your phone into a pocket contained on the glove or something. Nothing new to see here. And certainly not worth $18.

8. HughIvar

HughIvarBanned

Threads:
    I was hoping someone WHO HAS THEM or can recommend a brand/type could please give some advice?

9. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    If you ever go to Walmart, go to where they keep their gloves. It should be near the jewelry, at least in most stores. They have store-brand texting gloves that work pretty well as well as nicer brands. Both that price or cheaper, if I remember correctly. And no shipping! The ones there are full-gloves and they just have special things in the fingers that make using your touchscreen actually work. That way you can use your phone and you don't have to worry about your fingers being cold!

10. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    You can get the same style of gloves at Walmart for a much lower price. Though they are not called texting gloves, they have them designed for children and adults to be able to get a better grasp on objects while wearing gloves. $18.00 for "texting gloves" seems a bit outrageous to me.

Personally I think it would be faster and easier to take off a regular glove and slide it back on, then it is to have to recover each finder w/the tips of the gloves.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think someone posted a thread on here on those text gloves the best thing i can think of is just google it and see what you can find cause i don't use gloves.

12. Koala

KoalaNew Member

Threads:
    A touchscreen nowadays works from some electric waves coming from your fingers onto the screen. I would recommend the walmart ones everyone is talking about. When I lived in Oregon I used to use them and they worked quite well although now I live in California and have no use for them. Goodluck on your search though! Those gloves seem expensive :/

13. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I used to live in Boston and would kill for txting gloves back then. I have seen so many crafters make their own txting gloves. You can get those adhesives and put them on your own favorite pair of gloves. I would use a stylus and it got old quick. Here is one how-to I found:

14. GSBryce

GSBryceMember

Threads:
    I definitely need these, not for texting but because it's so cold in my office and it's almost unbearable to type! I guess I could go to the dollar sore, pick up some gloves and cut the fingers off, but then they would unravel... ok nevermind on making my own. Maybe if I have some cash to spare I will invest a post a review!

15. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    Well those look very warm and nice to be honest. Though I would find leather gloves much more higher in quality though it will cost you more money. But all in all, I would go with the ones you have ask us, reason is because it's soft and it will keep your hands warm!

16. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Here are a few you may want to have a look at. They all have free shipping worldwide. I don't think they're a waste of money (especially considering you have pairs that are just 4 bucks) if you, like me, do use your phone outside when it's really cold.

($4.40)

($4.40)

($4.40)

($15.10)

($6.30)

($4)

($10.10)