Hijacking Phone/TV

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by wvboarder • Sep 22, 2014.

1. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    I was wondering if anyone has seen those things that you plug into your TV, computer, or phone line and it gives you free access to whatever you want to after the initial purchase of twenty bucks or so. I like the idea and it's always intrigued me but I don't see how this can be a legal thing. If memory serves me correctly I saw where a cable company was suing one of these companies but there have been several more that have popped up since. Have you tried any of these types of things? I'd be interested to hear how it turned out.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard similar tales . . . people hacking their cable modems so they can get higher speeds or free internet. And they ended up in prison for doing that.

Since such hacking is illegal and would probably land you in prison once what you've done [or what you are doing] is discovered, there's no point in taking such risks.

3. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    If you have the money to get a initial subscription, you probably have the money to pay off the afferent fees, unless you were specifically planning from the start to just buy the subscription and then hack your modem or whatever. Which in itself is kind of faulty, if you are caught you face the legal consequences which can mean jail so thats kind of f'ed up. So I wouldn't recommend anyone do that.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I wouldn't suggest doing that because it's difficult for a "little person" to get away with anything. I would love to hack my internet because I think it's only fair when Comcast is breaking the law and at this point like I said they should be paying me to be forced to use their service but it's way too risky.

5. Broadleaf

BroadleafMember

Threads:
    I would recommend against doing so because it is likely illegal where you live. If it's not of course you could have a go at it but there's no telling if it will even work or not. Perhaps you may be getting scammed into believing the product will work when in reality it might be a dud. Also I have not heard of anything like this personally, however as I mentioned check up and see if this is something legal in your area if you're serious about it.