Hire Someone To Cook For You?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Denis Hard • Jul 18, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are people who still live like noblemen did back in the days. They have a house full of servants and in the kitchen there's a hired chef who does all the cooking for them. This can be all very good if you are extremely wealthy?

If you had the money to spend and didn't have such a huge household that would require the services of a cook to make food for all of them, would you ever consider hiring a cook?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I want to say 'no' because I love cooking.

That being said, if I were wealthy, it's likely because I had a job that kept me working very hard and I probably wouldn't have as much time to cook. I wouldn't want to resort to takeout....or to quick convenience foods at home even. It might be kind of nice to have someone come cook for me parttime!

3. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say no. I love cooking too much. Plus I don't want someone else preparing my meals. I work now and I still make time to cook, I'd do the same even if I had to force myself. Plus, cooking for me is a way to release stress. Which is why I often give away so many breads, cookies, muffins, etc, to my friends. I generally don't eat a lot of it, but it is just fun to do.

4. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely. I think having a cook would be a great way to always eat healthy and delicious food. While I do enjoy cooking, it's something that I almost never really want to do after a long day of work. And that leads me to just going out to eat and eating poorly.

I'm pretty sure I'll never have to worry about the problem of whether or not to hire a personal chef anytime soon though.

5. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    No. I guess it's due to the fact I can't imagine someone doing my cooking for me. I cook my foods in a certain way and I have trust issues with someone possibly putting something in my food to make me sick. This is one of the reasons why I pull away from eating out all the time. I have seen too many videos of employees doing questionable and unethical things in the background away from the public. Besides, it doesn't require a lot of my energy to cook my food. Now, to clean my house is another story and I would hire someone in a heartbeat.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know how to cook, so I would definitely jump at the chance to hire someone to do it for me if I can afford it. I won't only hire a cook, I would hire a butler or a maid too to clean the house for me while I keep myself busy with my other hobbies and interests.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do think this would be great to have. Although, I'd have to agree with other posters in this thread that cooking for myself is also very rewarding, so I probably wouldn't want it to be too regular. I'd maybe only consider it for some choice occasions, I think that will be the best option. Also, I'd have to really trust the person since I'll be letting him or her into my house and also even handle my and my family's food, so I would definitely be a bit more rigid when screening.

8. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I would make it a point to hire myself if I had that kind of disposable cash. I would hire myself to cook for my house. I would be able to buy the types of groceries I want to cook and be paid for the cooking itself. I would be so happy every morning I would just die.