Hiring or Buying a Wedding Dress

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Jennifer • Jun 27, 2012.

1. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I would prefer to buy my wedding dress. However, I would buy a plain white dress and decorate it the way I want it to be for that special day. Most of the dresses I purchase are between $10-125, I'm sure I could find a white dress in that price range.

2. allanwetson

allanwetsonNew Member

Threads:
    Wedding dress is the one that every girl have planned something to buy according to their choice. Here I get such nice and useful description about buying s wedding dress. I like to light oink, purple, silk fabric wedding dress. Its too good.

3. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I suppose spending so much money on a wedding dress is irrational. I would have no objection to renting it or buing it in a second hand shop. I suppose not everyone can afford buying brand new wedding dress.

4. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    I wouldn't hire a dress for one of the most amazing day of everyone's life. I would get it custom made to your likings. Go all out for that special day because you will always remember it. There are plenty of brand new dresses out there, you just have to find the stores.

5. cheapnfljerseys3

cheapnfljerseys3New Member

Threads:
    Cheap NBA Jerseys

Considering that wedding dresses are so expensive these days and you are probably only going to wear it once (we hope) would you hire a dress for your wedding? Or do you feel because it is such a special day that you would rather have your own unique dress either bought or made by a dressmaker, rather than wearing someone's secondhand wedding gown?

6. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    It maybe expensive but you only do it once in your life so why not buy it? After, you can have it as a memento and pass it to your daughters too. :) But if you don't have the budget then go for hiring a dress. :)

7. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have a friend who got a beautiful dress at a park and swap for her wedding which cost her fifty dollars. So, she found a great bargain. I have also seen gorgeous wedding gowns in Thrift Stores. So, my feeling on the subject is you can always find beautiful wedding dresses at Thrift Stores. You can have them taken to a dry cleaner to have them professionally cleaned, then have a beautiful wedding gown at a fraction of the cost.

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Well I do feel that it is a huge day and so buying secondhand is less than ideal, in my opinion. However, I got a dress from a previous season...absolutely nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't from that season's style and really did not spend much at all. It doesn't need to be a hugely expensive purchase.

9. VilliamErlin

VilliamErlinNew Member

Threads:
    Buying a wedding dress is best option because I think it is best thing. Before buying these you have to considered accurate measurements. This is essential even if you buy it online. Good measurements will make sure that its fit you well.

10. Sallyjames

SallyjamesNew Member

Threads:
    If you are going to hire a wedding dress you must be sure that outfits must be good fitting according to your body and skin texture. I think that the only a thing which sounds good is buying a new wedding dress because wedding moments comes one time in life and lives forever.

11. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I want to design my own dress and have someone make it for me. I just know so many seamstresses and know that I will get a much better deal that way than off the rack. I also like the customization for my body. If you have the money to get your dress tailored, then go for it!

12. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I have to say a lot of people get caught up in planning a wedding and spending thousands of dollars on something that will not last but only a day. I feel you should do what you feel, however, if you spend a lot of your money on a dress, you should get one made, that no one else has ever worn. It is a process, because I had my Prom Dress made. It was gorgeous, but I only wore it once. I didn't have a church wedding, but I said when we renew our vows, I will get it fix and add some more to it to make it look like a wedding dress. I think you should focus more on the after wedding things, like housing, bills, honeymoon, and things like that. If I was going to have a wedding, I would probably rent a dress or hire a dress, just because they are expensive for one day, and people say I want my daughter, granddaughters, and great granddaughter to wear your dress, but what happens if their style is different than yours, then you really lost out.

13. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    Wedding is a special day of life.So for me dress for my special day is also special.So I would never hire a dress for my wedding day.