Hitch A Ride To Work?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Denis Hard • Jun 23, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Saw this somewhere and though it might save one a lot of money by the end of the year if they are lucky to get a free ride to work every day, question is, isn't this a little risky? I mean, while there are some "good" people who'll offer you a free ride what if it isn't your lucky day?

Well back in the day, it would have been hit or miss but have you heard of this app called hitcharide?

If you haven't tried it, you should.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hitching a ride is not advisable nowadays with the recent rash of rape using public utility vehicles, particularly the vans for passenger that we call UV Express (it is licensed like a small bus). I'm sure there are private cars that would give you a ride especially for a female dressed decently but as I said, the risk is great.

But car pooling is okay with me. I used to have a car pool with a minimal charge than the public utility. What's good is that we have an appointed time and place so there is not much waiting. However, the owner of the vehicle had died some years ago so now I drive my car to work everyday.

3. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    No doubt one can save money and there is some risk. I've never carpooled before but have thought about it before owning my own vehicle but elected public transportation. One thing that I noted while considering joining a carpool is to always have a back up plan just in case an event out of your control should occur.

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I would never hitch a ride to work because that sounds completely dangerous. I would offer a member at work to carpool and I would offer to give them some gas money for taking me each week. That sounds much more reasonable to me, don't you think?

5. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well unfortunately this is one area where I have gone backwards in my ability to save some money. I used to live very close to a coworker and we would alternate driving to work week by week, and it helped out on gas money a lot over the course of a few years. Well, sure enough, she moved away and now I am driving myself. Oh well, at least I get some good peace of mind.