Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Diane Lane • Sep 13, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Every year this time, as soon as the temperature drops 1 degree, I start hearing Christmas carols going through my head. Since I do have a couple of online shops, I tend to have to plan ahead of Black Friday and the whole season, and so I wondered if y'all were getting into the holiday mood and thinking about what you'll be buying, or already starting your shopping. I know some people get irritated just hearing about Christmas before Thanksgiving, but I've always loved the whole season, and am getting excited.

2. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I really do not start thinking about Christmas till after thanksgiving, this is probably becasue my favorite holidays are Halloween and thanksgiving :). However if i see a good deal that would be a great gift I will not let it pass me by!

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Though I've done most of my Christmas shopping by now, I'm still looking forward to Black Friday. I hope, nay, I'll be buying my niece a cheap smartphone at that time as her Christmas gift this year.

IMHO people shouldn't be irritated when they hear others talking about and preparing for Christmas as early as July. It pays to be prepared. And the earlier you start shopping the more money you are likely to save.

4. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I agree @Denis Hard@Denis Hard. I've never understood the people who get irritated about the subject before a certain time. It is kind of crazy when stores start putting up decorations and items for sale very early, except places like Hobby Lobby, since there are party planners and other event organizers who probably shop there for those items, and it's difficult to find them elsewhere months before the season.

I am planning to go through all of my Christmas decorations this year, and get rid of what I no longer want. I do that every year, but this year I have been working on decluttering, and so I plan to get rid of even more than usual. I have a huge supply of Christmas wrapping paper, bows, etc., and since we've cut back significantly on the number of gifts we give in the family, I no longer have a need of most of those items, so I'll probably give them away.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the idea about going through your Christmas decorations and getting rid of the unwanted ones. In my case, I think it would be most of the collection I have amassed over the years. I would like to sell some of them though rather than just outright donating them as I could use the cash. One thing I have but it is in about a million pieces is one of those light up deer. Maybe if roomie was in the right mood, I could see if he could put it together lol. That might fetch a few dollars..Paying for those light up animals when you buy them are quite expensive.

6. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Strange as it may sound, I am no longer excited about Christmas contrary to the case in my childhood after learning of its heathen origins. Add to this the hassles and pretence as well as the partying and vices that accompany the season and you understand that there are no religious undertones but bodybuse to indulge with wallets taking a major hit.

7. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Although I am not a Christian, Christmas has always held a special place in my heart. The festive mood makes me euphoric weeks before the actual day. I am always found singing Christmas carols and I buy gifts for dear ones too! Merry Christmas to you all out there!

8. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I am planning a tour for my Christmas and i am really excited for it.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I started thinking about christmas before halloween started. I love christmas and family togetherness so why not think ahead. I have done a bit of shopping which I ordered in October plus I am saved from stress of shipping delay. Now all I'm loolking forward to is to having a great time with family.

10. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    We are already hearing Christmas songs on the air as the month of September sets in. This is the usual practice in our country. You can see a lot of Christmas decors, gifts and the like when you visit the mall, the supermarket. Once "ber" months take their place, the people are beginning to be jolly, happy for they are expecting a lot of surprises from salary bonuses to family get together and Christmas party and gift-giving. It is the onset of the joyous seasons of the year.

11. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Hohoho! Honestly, I'm done buying gifts already because I'm one of those people who hated lines, and long delivery time. As much as possible, I want to buy goods early on before December because doing so helps me save time and energy and think more creative stuff to celebrate Christmas.

12. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I have my Thanksgiving window decorations up now, but am humming and singing Christmas carols off and on. I love this time of year. The weather is finally starting to cool off, so it's bearable to be outside, and I'm enjoying sitting outside and reading. I've been getting a lot of emails about Black Friday and other sales, but haven't begun shopping yet. There are only a few gifts I need to buy, and I want to make sure I get the best deals on them.

13. kokimboka

kokimbokaMember

Threads:
    I love Christmas and the craze that comes with it. I live in Africa so I guess the way we celebrate Christmas might be a little bit different. This is the time people travel up- country to visit their loved ones, people you haven't seen the whole year. It usually is an interesting season.

Last Christmas we traveled Up-country to celebrate with our parents, but this year we are planning to have a quiet Christmas time, as we also celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.

14. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Right when it hits December, I start saving up the most I can for the holiday because I sure would never have enough if I don't prepare earlier. It's funny because it's sometimes stressing and that isn't what the holidays are all about. Though, it's not really a happy holiday if we don't have money to enjoy it with. Money isn't everything but boy, do we need it.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually Christmas is a very relaxing and happy one for us. We lost our party giver for the family a few years back. Now we stay home and sometimes our relatives bring by party food for my Mom for she is homebound now. We're going to have a pizza party Christmas. We are waiting eagerly for some herbs to help cure Mom. It's a sad Christmas for we got some rather startling news, my Mom got cancer.:( After 3 years of being cancer free, we just got the news Dec. 9. It's so sad, but we're hopeful, for I read a testimony about Chinese herbs giving a woman 8 years after being diagnosed with the same cancer my Mom has, we are very hopeful. It's a sad Christmas indeed but we're not letting it spoil our Christmas.