Holiday Decor

Discussion in Home & Garden started by thisnthat • Oct 31, 2016.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    While there are lots of holiday decorations out there, I'd really like to know where to shop for other decor elements that are suited for festive occasions. I mean stuff like holiday pillows and chair covers and things like that as opposed to bells, bowls, vases, and trinkets.

Where do you shop for this type of thing? I know I could make some of these, but I'd like to first see if I can find some good deals (I have lots to do already! Don't we all?).

I'm thinking of getting some fleece throws from Walmart and using them instead of Fabric to make some pillow covers. That is, if I can't find some bang up deals on ready to use items.

2. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    If you have some stores only dedicated to yearly events or parties, you can find all sorts of items relating to the holidays. There are stores such as Party City that sell pillows, furniture, and bed material according to the current holiday and they are heavily discounted.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, really? I guess I always just figured that Party City was more for stuff like paper plates and themed party goods like that. Thanks for letting me know. I also figured that they would be expensive, but with words like "heavily discounted," you are speaking my language. :)

I'll check it out. I don't have a store like that nearby, but I can probably shop online too.

I'll probably pass on the bedding, but I'm thinking maybe a throw blanket and a couple throw pillows for the couch. I might also check out some artwork. If I don't buy any, maybe I can at least get some inspiration from what they have.