Holiday House Sitting

Discussion in Travel started by batgirl • Feb 17, 2015.

1. batgirl

batgirlMember

Threads:
    My husband and I have struggled to afford a holiday in recent years, but my mum and dad really helped us out. They go away a couple of times a year and as they live close to the coast they always offer us the chance to stay in their house when they are away. This means we only have to pay for travel and they have the reassurance of knowing The House is looked after and also means their cats can stay at home.

I think this is a great way to get a low cost break and as it is beneficial to both parties, it is a win-win!

Do you holiday in this way at all? I am hoping we will be able to do this again later this year, unfortunately my dad was very ill last year so they were unable to go away. Thankfully he has made a full recovery :)

2. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    You can go one step further if you have close family or friends. My sister's family and my family live on opposite coasts, She's from LA and I'm from Long Island. Two years ago on Christmas time we traded apartments instead of getting together. It was definitely cheaper than staying at a hotel. It's better if you know the person you're trading with as well. That way you won't worry while you're on vacation.