Holiday Parties

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Ke Gordon • Dec 9, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Will you be attending any Christmas parties this year? IF you are, will you be bringing a gift to exchange? How did you decide wha to buy for the exchange? Do you set a dollar limit? How do you know what to provide?

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm going to attend a Christmas dinner next weekend. It's sort of a party, but will take place early in the afternoon. Gifts aren't exchanged there, unless I shop up early and watch the grandkids open their gifts, which I sometimes do, since I'm sort of close to the family and have watched those grandkids grow up. I am thinking about making some cream cheese brownies to bring for dessert.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In another thread, I have posted that I feel like the Christmas spirit is deserting me because of my present financial condition which is not good. I have been receiving invitations for parties and gatherings but I tend to turn down all of them because those parties require my contribution, be it money or in kind. It is the time to be frugal for me so I am not going to attend those parties for now.

4. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going to have a gathering at my own house. I usually set my limit depending on my financial state which right now, isn't very good so I'll just have to resort to cooking food for guests. I think people will appreciate the food but I'll be a bit embarrassed receiving and not giving but I'm sure they understand. If I were given food, I'd be pretty happy even without a physical wrapped gift.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I love gifts during festival seasons. In fact we have a prolonged festive season which begins right from November when we celebrate Diwali, Eid and Christmas within a short span. It sure lot of fun giving and getting gifts and return gifts.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    It has been a few years hostng the Christmas party at my house which only includes my close family. I cook a bit and exchange gifts and any price of gifts if appreciated. We know what each other likes and how the economy is effecting everyone so we don’t see gifts according to price but by the thought.

7. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Exchange of gifts is a part of festival. At times it becomes burdensome, but you cannot avoid.

During our festivities we need to give gifts to relative and friends. We receive in exchange as well. What to speak of festivals, whenever we go to someone's house we need to carry something as gift, be it sweets or any kind of souvenir.