Holiday programs

Discussion in Travel started by Gelsemium • Mar 7, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If we are on holiday staying at a resort it's pretty common that program vendors appear to sell us their stuff. I once bought a speed boat trip with snorkeling and I regretted it because the "speed boats" were really dangerous and they just sent us on a loop and we snorkeled right where we entered with the boat lol!

Have you had similar experiences?

2. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Gelsemium! It is very dangerous but exciting for adventure lovers. I am also an adventure lover and I have been taking a boat trip like you had. I always planned a new trip for my holidays. I have been doing many outdoor activities such as Paragliding, snorkeling, scuba diving, mountain climbing and many more. Mostly I love to travel around the world and captured beautiful picture of breathtaking views.

3. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Sure, I love those activities, I would love to do rafting and canyoning soon, don't know about paragliding though, but these so called radical activities are safe I believe. The problem with those boats was that we never knew when the boat could just flip, it didn't seem to have the necessary structure for the engine it had you know.

4. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes Gelsemium I totally agree with you. Have you ever visited Niagra Falls? Recently I visited it. It has gleaming and wonderful effects. I would like to spend my entire day at this place. During my trip I have done their boating, walking on Canada Bridge and taking many fabulous pictures. No doubt it was an amazing tour. It was just like a lovely dream. What is your next holiday plan?

5. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I have never visited the Niagara Falls, but my brothers-in-law went there this summer and they said it was stunning. I wish I could go there one day, but to be honest if I have the money I prefer to visit a place with beach, but I'll just choose my programs more carefully. ;)

6. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I have! I do not avail of their services or programs though because sometimes, they rip us off with hidden charges. As much as possible, I try to stay with our itinerary to avoid spending a lot of money.

7. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Gelsemium! It seems like that you are very careful about choosing your destination. Am I right? You know what I also like to explore the beaches in my holidays. Tell me in your life which beaches that you have explored? And which is your favorite beach? I want to hear your experience?;) Have you ever visited Bali beaches? Trust me they have tremendous effect and captivating views. I am sure if you have been visiting them so they will be on of your favorite destinations.:cool:

8. Gelsemium

Threads:
    The only place where I've visited beaches outside my country was in the Dominican Republic and in Japan, but Japan was just for a few hours and I really didn't enjoy it. The Dominican Republic resort I was in on the other hand was amazing, heaven on earth. :)

9. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Gelsemium! I have never got a chance to visit Dominican Republic but it sounds good. I also want to know about this heaven on earth buddy?:rolleyes: Have you some images of it? If yes so please share them with me. It will increase my knowledge and also tell me what kind of activities you have done there?

10. Gelsemium

Threads:
    LOL, heaven on earth buddy? That is just an expression that means something is really good... :) The activities in the Dominican Republic are awesome, the animators always find new stuff to do, from beach volley to snorkeling, I loved it.

11. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    You are right Gelsemium and you left this expression on me. After seeing your post I just assumed that the Dominican Republic is a magnificent and very beautiful place. Isn't it? I love to do snorkeling and I am sure I am going to like this place in actual. When you visited it so where did you stay? Can you share the name of that accommodation?

12. Gelsemium

Threads:
    You can do snorkeling anywhere, seeing the fish underwater is great. I stayed in a Riu hotel, I love their concept because it's withing a walking distance to the beach and that's all we want when we are in a beach resort right?

13. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes it is right Gelsemium! I think it would be perfect accommodation and perfect destination for me. Your post is really very helpful not only for me but also for all tourists. I have got much knowledge from it and I am sure I will also spend a good time there because i love to do snorkeling and seeing the marine life under the water.

14. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Believe it or not I had never snorkeled until I went to Punta Cana and I loved it. At first it's not easy because I was not used to breathe under water, but once we get the hang of it we can just enjoy the amazing underwater sights... :)

15. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Gelsemium! How is your experience now about the snorkeling? It is really an interesting activity. It gives you the charm and happiness. The underwater sights always offer the fascinating and spectacular views. I am damn crazy about it. It seems like that Punta Cana is your favorite place for this amazing activity. Am i right?

16. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Sadly I haven't snorkeled again because the beaches where I live have too much waves, they are not still like in the Caribbean, so it would be complicated to snorkel here. More, there aren't that many fishes as well near the coast, so no one snorkels around here.