Holiday Shopping For People Difficult To Shop For

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by prose • Nov 30, 2015.

1. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    Are there any people on your holiday gift list who are difficult to buy a gift for? It seems like I easily get my Christmas shopping done early in the season, with the exception of the same 2 or 3 people each year. These people (adults) are so difficult to shop for, I usually end up giving them a gift card. I would love to get them a gift they would like that is not just a gift card this year. Do you have any gift ideas that are good to give to anybody?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My husband is so choosy with the gifts he receive. It is his birthday on Friday and last week I had an offer of a cheap GoPro camera. Good thing that I showed it first to my husband because it is not good to surprise him. Well, he declined the GoPro because our home computer is not equipped to handle the video editing. For Christmas, what I usually give my husband is an item that he may want. So I need to play it by ear.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, I know exactly what you mean, @prose@prose. I have some of those people as well. I used to spend way too much money trying to please them, but I can't and won't do it any longer. I think gift cards work nicely in many cases, but I do understand your wish to do something different.

I don't really have any super clever ideas. I was thinking more along the lines of a different type of gift card, rather than for shopping or dining. Perhaps for a service such as a massage or other spa treatment or something else that feels a bit luxurious. There are some good deals on things like that this time of year.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Well if you can't approach the recipient and be sure what to give them, maybe it's best to stick with the gift card. I love receiving gift cards for I can buy what I want and need with gift cards always. Like Corzhens if I'm close enough to ask if a gift is okay with the person I'd do that.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My parents have everything and their house is quite crowded. I think if I can afford it, I am just going to send some flowers, or get a flower arrangement. Something like a Poinsetta always works, but they are toxic to cats so that is a bit of an issue. They have to be put somewhere where kitty is not likely to investigate.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you can't go wrong with cash gifts if the person is difficult to please when it comes to gifts. Everyone appreciates cash. But if you are looking for other alternative gifts then you can't go wrong with gift cards or their favorite food, if you know how to cook.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Gift cards most certainly can save you the hassle of having to find the one gift which you are sure someone you are getting it for will want. However there are people who may not redeem the gift cards meaning that your money would have been wasted. To avoid that maybe buy that person a gift you are sure they'll like and probably find useful — a cookbook, gardening tools, etc.

A beautiful painting could also be a great gift. Everyone likes beautiful things.