Holy Boxed Set, Batman! Over Thirty Hours of Entertainment for $99.95!

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by mythman • Nov 30, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:

& receive
    •64 of your Favorite Original Broadcast
    Episodes Fully Remastered
    •Over 3 Hours of ALL NEW bonus content
    •Adam West Naked DVD: Watch as Adam Takes You Behind the Scenes of Your Favorite Episodes!
    •The Original 1966 Batman Movie on DVD
    Starring Adam West & Burt Ward
    •Detailed Episode Guide
    •Your Own Show Script from the Episode 'The Joker is Wild'
    •Personal Letter from Adam West to You!

WITH FREE SHIPPING-&-HANDLING!

2. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I used to view reruns of the old Batman TV show. It starred Adam West. Robin was always a character in that TV series. However, $99.00 for the set is too much to pay. It may run again on TV Land or some such station.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Now, I don't know if the Batman series is available for streaming, but that is a box set that I would consider. Even when you can find a channel that shows a lot of old TV shows, the commercials that they have to add to them cut into so many things that if you are really familiar with the show, it's not worth it as you know what is missing and that's infuriating.

4. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    But like sugarhill said, 'TV Land or some such' always adds annoying commercials-etc. Plus, 'TV Land or some such' won't give you 'Adam West Naked,' '3 hours of ALL NEW bonus content,' 'a Detailed Episode Guide,' 'your own script of the episode The Joker is Wild' and a personal letter from Adam West to you!'

5. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's a really great deal, especially for collectors and diehard fans, but most people I know wouldn't be too interested in watching a lot of the old shows in the Adam West era, except for nostalgia.

While I did enjoy the Batman movies by Chris Nolan I doubt I'll be buying this. Most of the older shows can be found for free online.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think this is a very good purchase especially if the extras turn out to be hefty And worth it. I know if love to have one but honestly at that price I think I'd much rather spend it on something else, personally, but only because I know I'm just an average fan of that old show and if I ever bought it I'd probably just watch a few episodes and all the extras then forget about it.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually love 1965 Batman because it was so campy and funny. I saw this box set on TV and would totally buy it if I had a spare hundred sitting around.