Home Cooked Or Outside Food: What Do You Prefer?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by moondebi • Oct 4, 2016.

1. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    There is nothing like home-cooked food. But then who could defy an eye-catching and mouth-watering platter of a road side vendor or a popular restaurant?
    At home, I like to experiment with food, and thus make a variety of cuisines. But, I myself find that the punch is missing which is there in outside food.
    What will you vie for... a home-cooked or outside meal?

2. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer home cooked food over outside food. But there are times when I do feel like going out for lunch or dinner. However, I don't like junk food like burgers, pizza etc. Proper meal is what I like.

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Since I'm a horrible cook, I prefer eating outside food but if my parents or someone I know can cook well, I will have to prefer their food. You can really tell the difference. Plus, home-cooked meals can be a lot healthier.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Certain dishes can usually only be made at home. Therefore, I would prefer to eat-in at times so I can enjoy them. In addition, sometimes eating at home is a lot cheaper. Nonetheless, unlike what many say, it isn't always cheaper.

5. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I love homemade food and rarely go out to eat. I am very concerned about hygiene factors and selfish marketing gimmicks of restaurants. They use various taste enhancers to attract customers and hardly care for our health. This is true for most of the restaurants. But I know some places that serve hygiene food and also they have an open kitchen policy. We can see how they are preparing food and they use fresh vegetables and other ingredients.

Another factor is that cooking is my passion and as OP said I am also keen to try new recipes at home. Internet really helps me a lot to get new ideas. But yes, sometimes we are left with no other option but to depend on outside food.

6. kokimboka

kokimbokaMember

Threads:
    Home cooked food anytime.Since I am the one who does most of the cooking in my house,at times I wouldn't mind buying food from outside for a change. I can gauge myself as a good cook and I love eating my food. As a mother I want to cook healthy meals for my family, at least I get to control what my children eat.

7. Forty Five

Forty FiveNew Member

Threads:
    I think it just depends on some circumstances; for example, I could be away from home for a while in which case I would miss the home food. But at the moment, I would rather have some nice food from a restaurant or something because I've been eating home cooked food most of the time, so I find myself craving something different from time to time.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    In all way round I prefer home cooked food to outside bought food. For meals I prepare myself at least I will be sure of all the ingredients in there and know exactly every bit of what I am consuming. Hygienic wise I will prepare my food under the best clean and hygienic conditions but in the case of outside bought food I may not be too sure of the conditions under which the food was cooked.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    It just depends. Over the years I feel like I have gotten pretty good at cooking certain foods at home, the ones that I really like and know how to customize. Other times though, it feels nice having someone else do all the work for me.

10. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Home cooked food is the best because you are assured of clean food and fresh ingredients. However, unless you have a background in culinary then you would prefer to eat outside when you want classy cuisine. I do the cooking at home and people here love my cooking. But for big occasions, we dine in a good restaurant for the special food. It is hard to cook all the time at home. The chef also needs a respite from time to time.

11. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer home made food since I prepare different dishes daily. Now that the restaurant style recipes are also available online; it is possible to make similar dishes. However, I too agree that sometimes we all need a break and there is always that one particular item at a particular restaurant that you can't just cook at home! So I indulge at times.