Home Decor And Holidays

Discussion in Home & Garden started by thisnthat • Dec 8, 2016.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Do you redecorate your home during the holidays? Maybe you buy a few new pieces to spruce things up a bit before having holiday company. Maybe you just do a redesign to make room for the Christmas tree and other decorations.

I've been looking for cute holiday throw pillows. I might buy some fleece blankets that I found on sale and make some, or just keep it for a holiday throw blanket on the sofa. If I find actual pillows on sale, I'll get those and just keep recovering them for various holidays.

Do you have any tricks or tips for good deals on decorating around your current decor?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Decorating the house for Christmas is big deal to us. However, our problem is the lack of time so until now, it is already Dec 9, and we still have no decorations. But our decorations are ready in the stock room, cleaned and washed already. Maybe we need to buy some new Christmas lights because the old ones have some busted portions.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I plan to decorate this weekend (I need help getting the boxes down). I'm excited because I have some new items that I got at the post holiday sales last year that I can't wait to use. I even got some new Christmas lights for 75% off. Now, I just need stuff like pillows, stuff that's more of a home decor element rather than a decoration, more substantial. If that makes sense...

I also like to use the wrapped gifts as part of my decorating strategy. The best part about it is that once the gifts are open, those decorations are gone. You end up with less to take down and put away.

I think I might pick up a little holiday rug as well. Hmmm... I'm not sure where to look. Hopefully, I can find one on sale.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have gotten better at this in the last couple of years. I have been one of those people who is kind of a downer when it comes to decorating, but I am slowly turning things around, thanks to my wife.

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    My dad put up Christmas lights on our yard the other day, he used one of the large trees on the pot to display them. Aside from that, there wasn't any further renovations done to our house, since we don't put up indoor decorations.