Home Made Manure For The Plants

Discussion in Home & Garden started by moondebi • Jun 29, 2017.

1. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I like to grow plants at my home, both at indoor and outdoor. For proper growth of plants, manuring is needed, once in every fortnight. However, couple of months back when I put manure (a new brand which was never used before), the whole household got filled with a chemical smell. After investigation we could realize that it was the manure which had been spreading the pungent smell. With children and pets around, I then decided not to put chemical manure anymore, especially for the indoor plants.

I started to store tea leaves (used) in one bean and vegetable peels to another. Mixing them together, began to use them as manure to the plants. It’s now showing results. Plants are growing like never before, and a good amount is getting saved towards purchasing costly manures.

2. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    You can try vermicomposting. The worms don't stink and they can make vermicompost which is the best fertilizer. There are so many tutorials on Youtube on how to start. All of my kitchen scraps ends in my vermicompost.

I raise rabbits for meat and their pee and manure makes good fertilizer. I think even people who just keep rabbits for pets also does the same thing. I use their poop to grow button mushrooms so they don't smell.

3. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    That is a very clever way to use kitchen waste @moondebi@moondebi. Are you using any kind of culture to speed up the process? Also, does it not smell?