Home Made Vs Fast Food

Discussion in Food & Drink started by TheKnight • Dec 1, 2016.

1. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I So agree with this post. Remember, it is easier to trust the hygiene of your own hands than of others.

For fast foods from outside, contamination is another issue that ultimately add on hospital bills. So its better to be safe than sorry.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Having said that, we all have to go out and eat out at times which is unavoidable. So what we do is that we always chose the trusted ones in that particular area and fast food is the last in the list of preferred food. I prefer known vegetarian brands like Bikanerwala, Marvadi- Bhojan and Chotiwala type restaurants which are comparatively safer and hygienic too.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I eat out almost anywhere. Infact I am a person who likes to try out new places and new dishes. I rarely order the same item twice unless the rest of the menu has boring items.

There are these combo packs at some restaurants which are actually more economical as the quantity is sufficient rather than taking a sandwich or so.

4. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    Home cooked food are always healthier as compared to fast food. We know what ingredients we are putting in it and whether it is healthy or not. The oil that we use will also be different than what they will use. It does make a difference, preparing fast food at home and buying it from outside.

5. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree. There was one time we ate in a restaurant and I ended up getting dizzy because of the food. It was too greasy and contained a lot of MSG in it. It was really a waste of money, and instead of enjoying, we went home with head aches.

6. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I think that many restaurant owners have it in their minds that their customers love greasy foods. But no, it's the taste we love, not the grease. If we could have the same taste without the grease, that would be excellent. I'm not sure if they even notice their customers wiping off the grease with napkins. They're just wasting money on all that grease. This is why I like Wendy's. They have very low prices and their fries are not as greasy as others.

7. Working Buck

Threads:
    I do agree with the taste thing and that Wendy's have nice fries LOL! But ever since I started working at home, I just cook our own food, even our snacks. I just buy potatoes and fry them into fries. Most of the time I just buy some corn and grill them. I kinda hate the food they serve on restaurants ever since I learned how to cook. I can prepare a much healthier version of what they are serving and almost half the price.

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah. I really liked these expensive meatballs this restaurant used to serve. I used to eat there almost daily. Then one day my mother cooked some meatballs and they were so good, that I started to taste every flaw in the restaurant's meatballs. It tasted too salty, too strong etc. So after that, my mother taught me and I was able to cook cheaper and more delicious meatballs. I suggest that everyone attempt to cook or let someone teach you. You'll see it isn't too tough and you save cash.

9. Working Buck

Threads:
    Cooking isn't really that tough. I remember ordering this whole chicken cooked in some seasonings and soy sauce. It tasted good but it seems like it was full of MSG aside from the salt they put in it. So I decided to cook it at home and guess what stuff they put in it. I just used a lot of ginger and lemon grass, a bit of fish sauce and soy sauce, and added some water into it. I just sauted the whole chicken in garlic, onions, and lots of ginger. I put the other ingredients and added a bit of water and just let it boil until the chicken was cooked. It tasted fantastic. It costs less and tasted better than what they served in the restaurant.

10. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Preparing it at home won't make it healthier but less harmful I think, just like what @Ray1@Ray1 said. You can change the ingredients and the entire recipe but it's still a double cheese burger together with fries, so you'll still need to fry it and will use a lot of oil and will also put similar ingredients. I think the only difference is that you will be the one to prepare it so you'll know it's clean, and you can create and choose the ingredients that you want.

11. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    How much money did you put into that chicken and what is fish sauce and what does it do for it? I've never heard of adding any of that. I just grill the meat or fry it. I've never actually just boiled chicken. Do you know for how long I must boil chicken and do I just put all those ingredients in the water as is with the right amount? I know some people rub garlic powder on the chicken.

12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It is part of my job to go out often on long tours. You know choosing a place to eat being a vegetarian is one of the hardest things which one has to cope with. I often end up eating fruits and salads for my lunch and search for good vegetarian restaurant for dinner. If I do not find one then I have no choice but to eat fast food containing least harmful ingredients.

13. Working Buck

Threads:
    With the prices in my country, if we are talking about dollars then that whole chicken cost me around $4 to $5. Well fish sauce is also a salty type of sauce but tastes way different from soy sauce. I just tried mixing both of them and a bit of sugar to have that bit of sweet taste. Just saute the garlic, then the ginger, and then the onions. After that, put the chicken and stir fry it until it's a bit brown. Add more minced ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and about to 6 cups of water. Just cook it on low heat and let it boil. It might take you around an hour and a half up to two hours until it's well done. Just remember that every 5 minutes you must flip the chicken to its other side.

14. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I am hungry I can stop at any restaurant or eatery to buy food and eat. It's not as if I am actually trying out new places I do that for the simple reason it's the one nearest to me at the moment. Sometimes I think it's better to keep to one chain of restaurant at a time for health and security purposes. I tend to be picky when it comes to food it's only when I am very hungry I could just be in any nearby good eatery for food.

15. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Ah, then in my area, that's the same or a bit more expensive than I would pay for a cooked chicken. But I'm sure the health and taste are worth it. Thank you for the guide, man.

Which restaurants do you find to be the most healthy or at least have the better tasting food for the better price? I really like Wendy's because their food isn't too greasy. Cheap too.

16. Working Buck

Threads:
    Anytime man, I can send you more recipes if you want. I literally have a lot of them. But I usually use chicken, pork, and fish.

17. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    McDonald's adds ammonia on their chicken nuggets while Wendy's adds silicone on their chili. Dunkin Donuts adds human hair powder on their flour and Taco Bell recently have a scandal about an employee who secretly pees on the Nacho Bell of the customers who annoys him....

Those are enough reason for me to cook my own food. I don't care about the extra work and effort.

18. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty interested in a pork recipe. I used to own a pork rib stand around here and all I did was cook it on a grill so that's all I know how to make. Your cheapest recipe would be a good start since someone's birthday is coming up soon.

Dang, what the heck. I knew about the McDonald's one but I never knew about what Wendy's did. I also heard that most meat patties at McDonald's or BurgerKing contain horse meat or at least used to.

19. Working Buck

Threads:
    Try my style of grilled pork if you want. It's good for around a kilo of pork, you can use pork ribs if you want. you will need two cups of ketchup, 6 to 7 tablespoons of soy sauce, 3 red peppers, a cup of vinegar, and 4 tablespoons of sugar, and a teaspoon of ground black pepper mix them all in a bowl. put the pork and mix it well. cover it and leave it in the fridge. I usually leave it there for 6 hours mixing it again every 2 hours. I'm pretty sure you know how to grill so let's skip that part. ^_^

20. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Homemade foods are better (it's done with care, attention and time... which enables a better quality), but I have to admit: Fast foods can be great too (especially if I'm late or rushed to some compromise). But in this fight, if I have to choose: I'll always choose homemade food because is the type of food - if it's well made - with unbeatable quality.