Home Newspaper Delivery

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Pocs • Aug 2, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    With all the latest news at our fingertips today, how many of us still have the local newspaper delivered to our homes?

I still have the daily paper delivered. It's cost effective and carries a bit more in-depth details of the happenings around town. Of course it's not as thick as it used to be, but still worth the price. Being a couponer, I look forward to receiving the Sunday paper every week for stretching my dollar.

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, I can't remember the last time I received the newspaper at home. I find my news quicker on the internet and usually it gives better details. I wonder if paper news papers will eventually phase out.

3. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know of anyone that has their newspaper delivered to their doors anymore. What has become popular again I see are guys standing at the traffic lights selling the daily newspaper. I did though have a call the other day from a newspaper agent saying that if I subscribe to have their newspaper delivered to my door I can receive a discount. I think it will definitely fade out if it hasn't already. Many people catch up on the latest news by watching tv or receiving up to the minute news on their smart phones.

4. ssamcd

ssamcdMember

Threads:
    I use to have the local newspaper delivered to my house up to about 2 years ago, when I moved. I since buy the local newspaper here every week. It is nice to read about the local news going on in your community. Local newspapers are still the core to the community. It will have pictures of the local schools sports and activities. Another reason I use to love reading the local paper was it listed all the crimes in the area. It is really good to know what is going on in the area you live. Things like this you really will not see on the internet unless you dig deep. I love the local newspapers.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I usually just watch the news on TV or look on the internet. About once or twice a month, I will get the Sunday paper just to get the coupons. I do enjoy looking through the paper but it seems like 2/3 of it is just junk ads from stores and only 1/3 of it is actual information.

6. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    No home delivery for me :(
    I usually pick up the newspaper when I step out to buy milk or bread. Some days I miss out completely and catch up on news on TV or internet. But I like to read more indepth coverage of news and features during the weekend, so make it a point to buy a range of Sunday publications.

7. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    There are no newspapers home delivery available to where I live but I would really love to have this service if ever it is available. I know that what I will read in the newspaper are the ones that are in the homepages of different news sites in the internet but I love reading while having coffee early in the morning. Somehow it relives my stresses.

8. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love reading the paper. I get the paper every day, but only read the Sunday paper. My boyfriend reads the rest and love the Sunday paper for the coupons.

9. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    I skip the paper now and buy the coupons I wanted out of the paper online or attend coupon swaps locally. It saves paper waste and I get what I want. All of my local papers are available 100% online now so there is no benefit to getting the paper subscription delivered anymore unless I needed paper to build a fire or something.

10. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I've never had papers delivered to my door like the LA Times or anything. Most of the time I'd look up my news online since I find it faster and cheaper. If I ever need a physical newspaper, which is rare, I don't mind shelling out the money to pick up one from a carrier.

11. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I don't and never have. As a reporter, our news outlet used to be a monthly magazine but now it has become completely online and has adapted to the market. As the years continue, the newspaper is going to become eradicated, except for possibly the Metro papers that are free. The only way I'll read a print newspaper is if it's free and three of our major newspapers offer free ones on Saturdays on the streets.

12. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I used to get a newspaper delivered for a while, but stopped recently. I didn't think I really used it that much. However, there are times that I will buy one from the store. It's really not that often though. I really don't have time to keep up with it. I may have used a coupon here and there from it, but not that often to make it worth it to get the paper just for them.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't gotten a newspaper delivered at home in years. I buy the Sunday paper for the coupons a couple of times a month at the supermarket. I wish they would sell just the coupons and sale circulars without the newspaper. I just buy a newspaper to get the sales ads and coupons anyway.

14. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I still get mine home delivered. I love to relax with my newspaper and a cup of tea in the mornings after I am done with all my chores. I like special editions of newspapers we get here on the weekend. These have so much local information and fun news. My kids enjoy their special kids newspaper which is delivered to them at school.

15. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have never had the newspaper delivered to our house but I used to deliver newspapers before school when I was a boy.

I don't know how much they charge for a delivery subscription now but I suppose it would be nice to wake up and have your newspaper delivered.

16. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    When I lived alone I would get the newspaper, but I never really had time to read it. I really only made a point to look for certain things on certain days (Thursday, Friday and Sunday) and it just wasn't worth it, not to mention the big pile of paper sitting there waiting for me to get to it. The one advantage of getting news online is you only have the stuff you're actually interested in. Also, you can get it in "sound bite" summaries and still be aware of what is happening in the world without needing to read an entire article. I find I have more access to more information now.

17. nikki_luvv

nikki_luvvNew Member

Threads:
    I currently receive newspaper delivery and I have for a few years now. I love the coupons that I get and the store circulars, but its not too often that I have time to actually read more than 1/4 of the paper to see whats happening around town. Starting just recently my subscription also allows access to the electronic version but I barely even use it.