Home Sale

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Ke Gordon • May 14, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, trying to sell my house is going really slow. I wanted to have it on the market by June 1 and I am nowhere close. I need to have a yard sale to get rid of things as decluttering is a big issue but something always comes up on the weekends..or I have a busy week with no time to prepare. Also, there is some cosmetic repair and painting that needs to be done, and I feel I don't have the money or the ability to do..to make it look really good. I could never sell as is, because I want to get top dollar for this place. Anybody have any ideas? I have little co operation from my family.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some repairs you can do yourself. All you have to do is find some DIY videos on youtube and see if you can apply what you learn. As for selling your house think to get a faster sell you'll need the help of real estate agent. All they'll ask for is a commission after the house is sold.

3. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    Yeah, I can try that. I am a very unhandy person though. My main goal right now is to rent a pressure washer as they are pretty affordable and I can remove a lot of mold and things that are on the steps.it could clean the deck as well. I have been warned against using it on the house itself though, as it can make the insulation wet. I do plan to use a realtor..however, I can not sell, unless I can find something I would find acceptable in my price range. I will have to buy for cash. I like this house..it is just that the area is not great for someone in my position.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm in the process of selling somethings too. Thought of e-bay.com, but it's so much bother of mailing it and packing plus other business operations, so I gave up on e-bay.com. So I found out about auction sales from a gentleman I wanted to sell my Grandmother's painting to. Locally I found McClain's auctions. Now it's to bring the things to sell to the auctioneer...first timers like myself got to work up the courage and I don't know how to transport a frameless painting that's about 40 x 60" it's big. Well I wish you luck and I hope your family begins to help you too.

5. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    Thanks, Kristina! There is a virtual yard sale site, I have used here, but I have the people who express an interest and never bother to follow up. I don't know it is just aggravating. Then I contacted some relators and they are telling me there is nothing I want in my price range, when I know I have seen properties on Zillow...so if it isn't one thing it is another! I mean I really like this house...but for my stage of life being here just isn't ideal. I really want to be close to a city, the whole thing is moving like sludge!