Homemade Christmas/Birthday gifts?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by kitchencatlover • Aug 13, 2014.

1. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    I'm wanting to make some homemade gifts for Christmas for my family but need a few ideas. So I thought maybe I'd ask if anyone here does this? For my mom and mother in law I was thinking of putting together a photo album commemorating my daughter's first year (their first grandchild who will be 1 in January). I've also wanted to learn how to make soap and body scrub. I like doing little crafty things all year it's just always hard to stick to it once I get frustrated lol.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The first question is, what are you good at? Most people who make gifts for their family normally are great at one thing and they use their knowledge to make something which the recipient of the gift will appreciate. For example a good cook, could bake a cake for that special someone. Someone who's good at knitting can make a sweater or something.

Since I suppose you'll use some skills you've acquired then you'll choose the skill you're best at and use it to create/make great gifts.

As for the photo album . . . that would make one of the best gifts your parents will ever receive.