Homemade Food vs Fast Food

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Adryan • Mar 27, 2014.

1. Adryan

AdryanMember

Threads:
    Which one would you prefer in these two? Personally i will go for homemade food even though i like fast food but i believe in staying fit and healthy. I do eat fast food but not regularly.:)

2. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I'm really funny about fast food. I don't like McDonald's or KFC and will only get a pizza from Pizza Hut. If a fast food place looks a bit dubious from the outside I won't even go in. I do like Indian take out though. Most of the time I make all the food for my family from scratch. This saves money, is healthier and tastes better.

3. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I would prefer homemade food over fast food. One reason is that you can eat more healthier when you prepare your own food you know what in it and you can season it as you like. Fast food you just taking chances on who prepared it what in it and is it healthy for you.

4. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    We do eat out, but rarely, since we cook all our food. It's cheaper to cook and also fun! I always try new stuff in the kitchen and learned how to cook some of the fast food items myself. This way I know what ingredients went in and how fresh they were. Not to mention that with the money I pay on fast food I can buy ingredients and cook bigger batches of food that last a few days!

5. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I always prefer Homemade food, and not only because my family and I are going through a healthy living program, but because I know what's in the food. I don't trust fast food because usually there are hidden ingredients that are fake. It's unhealthier and it can cause health related problems in the long term.

I live by this motto: 'You are what you eat, so don't eat fake'.

6. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    Homemade food without a doubt, nothing beats my moms cooking. I hate fast food, its all greasy and I can't get the after taste off my mouth. I think its really important to eat healthy.

7. Steve

SteveMember

Threads:
    I like to cook, but once a week i have a night out and traditionally after that i eat some "Pita Gyros" or some pizza. "Pita Gyros" is a traditional fast food in Greece that is simply awesome! It has pork and some veggies that taste like heaven! You should try it if you can find it

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't eaten fast food since I was sixteen. I am mostly a vegetarian, eating fish on occasion. I always make sure that the food I buy is as organic as possible, and take the time to prepare breakfast and dinner for myself on a daily basis. I never eat much for lunch, perhaps some grain with a salad that I have prepared at home, or I go to my favourite restaurant for fish and vegetables.

9. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I've probably had too much fast food in the past because it's a cheap and easy meal. Now most fast food makes my feel depressed or just simply awful afterwards. I don't mind burgers at In N Out besides the very empty taste in their buns. There aren't many other fast food places I would consider eating at.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There are so many fast food items that you can easily make at home, and not only will they be healthier but they will taste better too and be much fresher.

For example, if you regularly eat out at Chipotle, you can very easily make many of their items yourself. For their chicken, just marinate some boneless skinless chicken thighs in a can of Chipotle In Adobo for a few hours, then grill them on a very hot grill and dice them up. For the rice, it's literally just some lime juice, fresh cilantro and sea salt added to freshly cooked rice. Their corn salsa recipe can be found at ChipotleFan.com (along with a bunch of other recipes).

Chinese fried rice is also a cinch to make at home. Just heat some oil in a skillet along with some fresh garlic and scallions, add some day old rice and some scrambled egg, then hit it with some soy sauce to taste. You can then add any other proteins of your choice, such as shrimp, chicken, or pork.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Home cooking is so much better for you but I do understand some people can not cook and depend on take out or fast food daily. I have started getting one of those baked whole chickens maybe once a month to help save time when I am busy and short on time. Usually I will cook a few days worth of food and freeze it so that I do not have to cook every day of the week or think about fast food as it can get expensive.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Homemade food is much cheaper as compared to fast food, but I don't know how to cook. But since I'm still living in with my parents, then I guess I'm spared of the task of cooking. But when the time comes that I'll be able to move out of here, unless I already know how to cook, then I guess I have no choice but to order fast food or buy canned goods to be able to "survive".

13. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never liked the taste of food cooked by anyone other than me or someone who's learned how to cook from me. It may appear like I'm laying it on a bit thick but fact is when I lived in town all I ever consumed was fast food. I gorged myself on so much of it that it got to a point where I'd had enough. I found it's taste nauseating (I'm not exaggerating).

That's why these days, all my food is homemade. Since I'm also a great cook, I'll always prefer cooking the food I eat myself.

14. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I do cook if there's something worth cooking in the freezer but if not, fast food is the best. FAst food by the way also have healthy options like mango shake and coconut juice. I just live near the city and most of the time, we just eat fast food from chicken, burgers and pizzas.

15. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I strongly prefer homemade foods, because they are generally less harmful than the fast foods, which contains significant amount of chemicals to maintain their food's edibility, appearance and quality, but not improve the nutrient contents. In fact these chemicals are harmful for the body and that they cause diseases and triggers them. Unlike fast foods, homemade foods don't undergo much of a research and so often they are simpler and less give us less complications as they don't involve rigid process to maintain themselves. They may not be as delicious, as addicting as the fast foods, they are surely far and more nutritious.