Homemade Yoghurt Saves Money.

Discussion in Food & Drink started by mildredtabitha • Aug 30, 2017.

1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    When I was in high-school, I learned from a friend how to make yoghurt. All you need is one avocado, sugar and milk. She would mix one glass of milk and one full ripe avocado and later add sugar for the taste. I couldn't believe it was possible at first but I was convinced after tasting it.

Does any of you have other methods of making yoghurt at home?

2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This seems like something I might need to look into a little more, as I do eat a lot of yogurt. Being able to add my own fruit and oats would make for a heary meal too.

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I know that recipe, it doesn't taste like yoghurt at all since it's not sour at all, it tastes more like frozen fruit, lol. It does taste good though, especially when chilled.

4. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I never made yogurt at my home, I buy the yogurt from the supermarket. I have made cheese in my home and it was very tasty but is harder to make than making a yogurt.
    Thanks for your recipe, I will put my wife to try it once, especially for our kids!

5. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have any clue whatsoever on how to make a yoghurt or some sort of an alternative to it. From what I read, yoghurt is made by fermenting milk and then adding cultured bacteria called "yoghurt cultures". The fermentation is what it gives it a distinct sweet sour fruity flavor I think. But your recipe is really something worth trying and I would love to make one. Hope I won't make a mess though. Thanks for sharing.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with that. ;)

My mother has a yogurt maker (she bought it a few months ago) and she says the money she can save is pretty considerable. It is always good to be able to have extra money saving on things that can be done at home.

7. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I never knew one could make yogurt with just these three things. The recipe is worth trying out and it sounds easy. I guess am going to be the best uncle ever to my little niece who loves yogurt. Thank you @mildredtabitha@mildredtabitha for this tip.