Honey As Facemask

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by arachnophobik • Jul 16, 2017.

1. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    I have an acne prone skin and I constantly had breakouts during my high school and early college days, but not until I used natural honey for my skin. I apply it every night before I go to sleep and wash it off in the morning. It lightened up my scars, and although the box scars are still there, the hyper-pigmentation is gone. I've also noticed that I never have breakouts anymore, I would have one pimple here and there every couple of weeks, but that's about it. I recommend it to anyone that struggles with acne as it's cheap and definitely long lasting (I only apply a small amount and it covers most of my face already).

2. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I still have acne problem even though at my late 30s. I would like to give it a try, it's just that I might not like to put honey on my face overnight as it's sticky. I wonder if it works well if I just put it for 20-30 minutes like other face mask does.

Thank you very much for sharing this.

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have used honey and lemon juice on my face before and I loved the way it made my face feel afterwards. Honey has anti-bacterial properties and this is one of the reasons that it is really good on your face if you are prone to acne. It helps to purify your pores. I am not sure that I would want to leave in on all night as it seems that it would get all over the pillowcase. Thanks for sharing your experience with honey.

4. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @morgoodie@morgoodie Do you just mix the honey in lemon juice, like how we drink the honey lemon juice but perhaps thicker, then apply it on our face? I am drinking honey lemon juice at home always, so I should make some face mask for myself too.

#4Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I've read a few things about it, and my girlfriend often (I mean... always! :p) comments on how effective this is (and especially: cheap! :D).

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't imagine using honey is very comfortable at night to sleep on, but if it works for you great. I wouldn't advise using lemon juice on the face as it's acidic and can cause sensitivity later on. Honey is a natural remedy for curing skin ailments, but I would still caution against using it too often.

I get bitten by bugs a lot so the honey would just attract them to me. I use rosehip oil which is better for my skin, more as a preventative.

7. Kiarra

KiarraNew Member

Threads:
    Acne is caused by poor hygiene, poor diet and other factors. Once breakouts are already healed, they leaves scars in our skin that are hard to remove. I experienced having acne when I was High School, it makes me feel embarassed all the time. I felt like I don't want to attend the class anymore because of the acnes on my face, I am really struggling with this. I have tried to use various facial cleansers and creams and any natural remedy,but till now I still have a little acne problem.

8. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    I love using honey as a face mask. I don't really have a problem with acne, but I do have dry skin and honey does wonders for it. Some people mix in cinnamon with it to really get rid of spots, but I can't tolerate the cinnamon on my face. I guess it depends on your skin. Honey is one of the best natural moisturizers. Just apply a little amount on your face, leave it for 5 to 10 minutes, then wash it off.

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Honey is one of the best home remedies that you can use not only for your skin but for colds, coughs and prevents diseases as well. I've tried using honey on my face months ago and it made my skin brighter and smoother. I only use it for a few weeks every night since honey is a bit pricey in our area and it's hard to find pure ones. It's great for treating and preventing acne especially when applied with lemon or lime.

10. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @Kiarra@Kiarra I understand that, as there was a period of time my acne problem was really serious, and even strangers concerned about my acne problem and kept asking or advising me about it. Have your acne problems been solved if you take good care of yourself, in terms of diets and lifestyle? For me, if I eat healthier and sleep earlier, it definitely helps a lot. I must sleep before 11pm, and it is better for my health and also I have lesser acne problem too.I stop using any commercial facial products, as I found that they are no use for my acne problem.

Hope you'll find a way to cure your acne problem soon. Have you tried this honey remedy?

#10Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  11. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I am glad you resolved your acne problem. Here is well known that honey is very good in hydrating our skin so honey is very used in the face mask. Sometimes the honey is mixed with an egg and olive oil. And I must say that has a huge positive impact on our skin!

12. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Honey is such a great must-have home natural remedy. It can be used for a variety of things. I have never used it as a face mask as yet but I can say with honey, you can never go wrong. I read on another forum where someone mentioned using sugar as a face mask. That I'm not sure of. Honey and sugar are two very different things. The only thing they have in common is the sweet taste.