Horrified once you were on the inside?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Nick2011 • Apr 9, 2013.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In Waitrose a security guard stands at the front of the supermarket. It makes you feel rather uneasy when he looks at you suspiciously. Customers shouldn't be treated like potential criminals but I suppose they have to be cautious.

2. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    If you've ever seen the reality show on TruTV called Red Handed? You'd know why supermarkets need security guards. Not to mention a friend of mine had her cell phone stolen by a group of kids outside her local grocer. Supermarkets are not immune to thieves and troublemakers.

3. cmilliken

cmillikenMember

Threads:
    As a teenager I worked at a local McDonald's for a summer job. I have to say, that job was horrifying. As a then regular customer of the fast food restaurant, I never bought food from there again after working there. We used to have to cook the burgers in this foul-smelling purple juice. I never knew what it was, but it scared me.

4. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Did the juice move on its own and look like it had needles in it? Ala Megan Fox's vomit scene from Jennifer's Body?

5. dreyz

dreyzMember

Threads:
    Sounds like fast food restaurants have a lot of things to hide. I have never worked part-time in any before, so I'm quite inexperienced. But hearing these things from others, I never had the urge to even apply for a job. Still eat their food regularly though.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have to be on the inside to be disgusted. In retail you've got sweat shops and child labour, in the fast food industry you've got poisons, fake food, food disguised as healthy choices, animal cruelty and injecting them with even more poisons that not only cause the animals to suffer, but ends up in your McYuckBurger. Same with grocery stores, although not nearly as shady and disgusting as other industries, but still ruled by the big guys we allow to ruin our bodies every day. Glad to be on the outside actually, I've seen enough lol.

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be fair, that is not a fair reflection of what goes on at a supermarket because it is a show dedicated to catching thieves. For every thief there are hundreds of honest shoppers who would never think of stealing. Of course they need a team to watch CCTV but security guards standing at the front of the shop is unnecessary.

8. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I've seen some pretty gross supermarkets in my time though. The shoppers however just seem to go about their business like it's not big deal. But the only thing I'll get from a yucky looking supermarket is stuff I know won't kill me. Like a 2 liter Mountain Dew.