Hostels

Discussion in Travel started by Bolt • Oct 7, 2012.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hostels may not be the most glamorous and comfortable accommodation but they are very cheap, ideal for someone who wants to travel on a limited budget. I don't see the point in spending lots of money on hotels when you will not be in the hotel for long. I don't have a problem with staying in hostels so long as they are safe and clean.

Do you use hostels when traveling?

2. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I agree, especially if you are traveling alone and don’t mind roughing out a bit, without luxury. The YWCA and YMCA are names that come to mind. Even motels and B&B’s are safe and cheap options, when hostel accommodation is not available in a certain city.

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I've used hostels before, and I'd use them again if I needed to. I've always believed that spending money on luxury accommodation is wasting money that could be spent on experiencing the delights of the places you're visiting. As long as the room is clean and comfortable, that's all you need. It's a base to stop by and sleep in, not living accommodation, so you don't need the expensive trimmings - just somewhere clean, comfortable and safe to rest your weary head after all the sightseeing.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have used them a couple times.

I wouldn't personally use them when traveling alone, simply because I'm a small girl and would be in a city that isn't my own. Even if I feel safe on my own or know how to handle myself, doesn't mean it's the safest decision.

In general, though, they're cheap and great for when you only need a place to crash for a few hours without all the extra amenities. I hate paying a high price for a hotel and never even turning on the TV, etc. I'm paying for them, but not using them.

5. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    You can visit here without any doubt. But before going there please check for advance booking.

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Interestingly enough, I've never stayed in a hostel that was particularly uncomfortable. It was always clean, relatively private, safe, provided a place to cook/heat up meals, and had free coffee in the morning.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never stayed in a hostel. I always thought they were for young college age people. I usually travel alone so I wouldn't stay at a hostel. I also don't like the idea of shared showers. No thanks.

8. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    I have no problems with hostels. In fact, most of my travels, I stay in either hostels of bed and breakfast. I am just being practical, and to check-in in a glamorous and luxurious hotel when you won't be staying the whole day there to appreciate all its elegance and top of the line facilities because I am out travelling is useless. I will be there just to sleep, and probably eat breakfast the next day, then off I go again to have sight-seeing.

In choosing a hostel, my requirements would be: cleanliness, accessibility, and the rate (fee). Most of the time, all are met.