Hot Shower Versus Heated Water

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Corzhens • Aug 8, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In our recent reunion of my former colleagues, there was the argument of which is cheaper between having a hot shower in the bathroom or heating water to use for bathing. They are both using electricity so the competition if fairly even. But that got me thinking. Yeah, which is cheaper?

Based on our observation, heated water is cheaper because the heating is continuous and quick. And the amount of heated water is already calculated like one bucket that would be diluted with cold water. With the hot shower, although the heater is not running continuously, it consumes more electricity according to our electrician. So next time you need hot water, it is a choice between the hot shower or the heated water.

2. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I never really had the chance to compare which is cheaper among the two options because I was still very young when we used to heat our bath water using an electric water heater. Now we only use the shower heater which really increases the amount of our electric bill during cold weather.

3. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Very informative. However with life and time constraints, I'll probably still use the shower majority of the time.

4. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I have been there, heating water to use for baths (our hot water went out in the last place we were staying and had to wait like a month to get it replaced)! I think you use less hot water when heating it to add to a bath but bathes usually use more water so would it be cheaper in the long run also it depends it your hot water heater is electric or gas, same with your stove and the price of each. Once we had no electricity for 2 weeks (ice storms) and we only had well water (which the pump doesn't work without electricity) so we would have to haul our water from a nearby spring, heat it up for a bath, let me tell you after that there is something wonderful about he convenience of turning on a hot shower!