Hot Topic Clothes

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by kana_marie • May 7, 2015.

1. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    Every chance I get to go to the nearest mall, I'm wasting what feels like hours looking at the very clothes and make up I would wear if I were still in high school. I never look as good as the maniquine wearing it doesn't. If I were younger I would spend every spare penny in there.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    By the time Hot Topics started popping up in our local malls I was already in my Mid-20's and too old to be wearing stuff like that, but it did bring back some memories, because for a while there "punk"-ish clothing had all but disappeared from our malls or anywhere locally.

In the 80's we had several "skate shops" that would sell a lot of edgier clothing and accessories - and I would venture as far as saying places like "Chess King" and "Merry go Round" sold more urban themed clothing too. There was also the occasional mom & pop type store in the far corners of our malls that would sell harder to find stuff, like heavy metal t-shirts, leather and piercing stuff, and other edgier products. Spencer's was also a lot of fun, for stuff like "Manic Panic" hair dye and other silly stuff.

These days I mainly stick with rare vintage t-shirts from thrift stores or flea markets, and try not to go too overboard.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Haha, one of my favorite pairs of jeans is actually from Hot Topic. I bought them when I was 23 or 24 and I still wear them regularly. I don’t even mind the fact I’ve got studs on my butt, a couple of which may or may not be skulls. I just say “I was inspired by Alexander McQueen” and get on with it ;)

I still stop in on occasion for nostalgia value, but I’m pretty sure that was the last thing I bought there. It was either that or a tiara that looked a lot like one Nicky Wire once wore…

4. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I am with you on the vintage clothing! T-shirts, hippie-esque shirts, even bell bottoms. I didnt like the 80's clothes when I was living it, so unless its an 80's band shirt I won't usually mess with them. I remember Spencer's, too! The truth is I live 1 1/2 hours from the nearest mall so I haven't been to either of these stores in very many years! When I was young and hanging out at the mall, almost all my time was spent in Spencer's and Radio Shack.

The last several visits all i got, clothing wise, was a Boondock Saints hoodie. Otherwise, I picked up pixie dust (the tooth fairy likes to leave a trail of pixie dust from the window to the pillow ;) ). A girl punk cd, and eyeliner. They have some great make up there. I don't really wear very much anymore, but when I do I want theirs!!

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm always looking at the clothes for sale in the stores and wishing I was young enough to wear them. I'm certainly skinny enough, it's just the face that's the problem!

6. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm currently working on being skinny enough. Lol
    But one of my greatest fears is being that old woman who thinks she's fooling people into thinking she's younger than she is... But in actuality everybody is going behind her back to say, "oh my gooood! Did you see that old lady trying to dress like she's only 30? So pathetic...smh"

7. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I'm not fond of a lot of the funky clothing that is sold at Hot Topic. I'm not into the cartoon tights, a lot of makeup and the big frilly skirts. I must say that their dresses are pretty cute and I love their nicknacks, it brings back many memories. I'm in my early 20s, so I guess I could wear them if I wanted to, but its just not something for me. I do love their T-shirts and tank top though, they're very comfortable and light for sleeping. ^.^'

8. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a dress from them once. It was black velvet.it was full length with a corset style top.after sales tax it was just under 100$. I never spend that kind of money on clothes! But I loved it and had to have it. Within 2 months I had given it to someone else. Once I tried it on and got a really good look I realized its made for someone a lot taller than me, with a better butt than me. But it was a good quality dress! It was made so well that I almost didnt lose sleep over spending that kind of money on a dress. Almost.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm 40 and I don't really care about the age thing. I have a Vocaloid Hatsune Miku shirt from Hot Topic because I like Vocaloid. I'm not going to suppress my enthusiasm for certain music or stop wearing cool t shirts just because I'm 40.
    My sheets and comforter are black with the Jolly Roger skull and crossbones on them because that's what I like.
    It would be fake of me to buy a floral comforter just because that's what middle aged women are supposed to like.

10. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    This is the kind of attitude I aspire to have when I’m older. Ain’t nobody gonna tell me what I can and can’t like just because of my age! Admittedly my taste isn’t too out-there, but I won’t, for example, soften my palette up just because softer colors are supposed to be more flattering, etc.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This sounds like an interesting store, but I never heard of it until now. I'm guessing it's probably a North American chain store. We don't have it in the UK. -and anyway, it sounds like it's probably geared towards a much younger audience than me LOL

12. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh wow, I rarely go to a mall. A. there are none near me. B Most things are cheaper somewhere else. C. I don't enjoy mall shopping if I don't have any money to spend. Since, I rarely have any, this is one of the reasons I rarely go to malls. I have heard malls are hurting for business since so many people are now doing their shopping online.