Hotel Near Train Station Is Ideal

Discussion in Travel started by Alexandoy • May 23, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When on a tour, it is most ideal to book in a hotel or inn that is nearest the train or bus station. The mobility is great because you don’t walk too far. And to and from the airport, you wouldn’t need to take a taxi. In our recent travel to Osaka, Japan, the train station was just beside the hotel so you can imagine the convenience when we arrived and the same way when we left for the airport. The opposite happened in Hongkong last month. We had to walk half a kilometer to and from the hotel and train station. On our trip back home, the baggages are already heavy since we had bought goods already. I had a hard time in carrying our 3 bags.

2. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Agree!
    If it is not a conductor tour, we prefer to stay in the hotels which are nearby to bus depot, train station or airport. Though, in some places we could not find hotels according to our requirements, but anyhow compromised with the situation as it saves substantial amount of time and money.
    However, being in strategic locations, these hotels are always on high demand. There were times when we could not manage to avail such accommodation due to heavy rush.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, it's always the best option... Although it is not always the "dream hotel" for a trip (especially if it's a special trip). Besides being more practical, generally represents a good economy in the pocket (and saving money is always an excellent option).

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, staying at a hotel near the train station would be a good idea when traveling,so you do not have to pay for a expensive taxi service,also it helps when you are getting into a hotel late at night. You will be in the center of town this way, and this would be a great location as well to explore the city. Also in places like Europe I think their might be a range of hotels that cater to everybodies budget as well.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I have same experience during one of my travel. Normally we don't do this often. But one time we have to spend only one night in particular city and next day we have to pick up the train. So we have took the hotel near railway station and yes it was quite helpful. In next morning we able to move to station easily by walking as it was near to us.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    That's a fact it's more convenient to book for an hotel near the train station or even one not too far from the airport. This way time is saved from having to move about trying to locate a hotel in a place where you are a total stranger. Booking near the train station maybe more economical on the long stay and could also serve some security measures especially when in a city where there maybe unscrupulous elements.

7. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    When you are traveling, you should always stay in hotels that are in the proximity of train/bus stations. When you are staying close to train or bus stations, you will save money on taxis. However, there is also a drawbacks of staying close to train and bus stations. Since train and bus stations have crowds, you will be hearing noise in your hotel room. In my experience, hotels near train and bus station are also expensive and of low quality.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Very good to know when travelling. So far when we travel we had to go on a taxi or bus to get to our hotel. I live in Hawaii where the bus is the norm. We have a rail for a very short distance from one shopping center to another at Pearl Ridge. It's nice. Now our new rail is being built, but money is running out for it and other woes about it. Well, I like the idea, of having to save money staying near the bus station or train. I'll watch about the quality too at near bus or train stations too.

9. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Staying close to the train or bus station during travel is definitely a plus on your pocket as you would be saving on cabs and autos to reach the station on time.

You even save on time as you don't have to start early to reach for your commute.

10. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:

In the above thread, this idea was sort of covered. Note, it's cool to get a hotel or motel near the airport, but not one near a train station, assuming the train station isn't the one right at the airport. There is simply too much baggage and you look foolish carrying it, though, it can be done.

Anyway, though, it can be a good idea to take a taxi from the airport to a hotel near a subway station. In that case, you don't have to walk a good deal to reach a subway station and you certainly don't need a taxi, at least not for those times where you're not going to and from the airport.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I have traveled a lot and used to stay near the rail/bus station during the initial stages but I found it the harder way that those hotels either charged more for their class or were too noisy or had too few facilities. I always preferred a place to stay where I had to go in connection of my work or if it was a pleasure trip my choice always was a calm and cozy place at a reasonable rate.

12. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In an ideal world it's a good idea in a city to be close to a train station or some form of public transport. Usually it can be more expensive because of this, and at times noisy but it can be worth it if it means you can walk everywhere and also save money on taxi fares.

You do have to weigh up the cost, as some places offer a free bus service to train stations which can work out well too, and I used one once and they have buses every half an hour back to the hotel.

13. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    We have always gone on conducted tours where they take care of the travel hassle. There is a bus that takes us all over the place. Since it is a group tour expenses are shared and so it is much cheaper than having to individually pay for transport when one travels independently

14. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    It would be great if you could find accommodation because you would be able to save on some amount of taxi fares. The problem is that some accommodations would prefer to not be too near to bus depot or train stations because they would rather that their customers not be too near the hustle and bustle and congestion that may arise.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In my case if my travel is for the official purpose them my company takes care of my transportation and in case the travel is for leisure purpose I would prefer to stay near the tourist attraction places. However staying just near the rail or bus station is either costly compared to what you pay in a peaceful area.

16. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Is it? I thought hotels near attraction places are most costlier than this. I remember when once we have to stay in hotel near railway station as we have really odd timing of train in the morning. So instead of depending on transportation we took hotel near railway station and its price was really low. Hotel was okay too. But I guess this thing is depends on location and place. Not sure.

17. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It does depend on where you are. In cities it's best to be close to the station because if you have a restricted ticket or few trains then traffic jams can mean you will miss the train. In some places the train station is on the outskirts of the town, but in some they are very close. I prefer to be close to a train station, or less than 3 miles. It also depends on other modes of transport like a bus or coach station, as they maybe close and have more frequent departures.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    What I meant is that most of the hotels especially budget hotels offer lesser facilities compared to what you can get in other hotels for the same price. The hotel owners generally feel the same like you do. They feel that customer prefer rooms/hotels near station to save money on transportation so they do not care for other facilities. I found most budget hotels near station lack cleanliness compared to other hotels besides being too noisy since they get too many guests.

19. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with you in that case. Yes they are not that cleanliness compare to other hotels, however we found good one which was good in this thing too. But yes it was too much noisy around with full of traffic. I guess at every place this will be the same scenario, hotels near to such places will be crowdy and noisy. And true, even hotel owners know this thing that people in their hotel mostly stays to avoid transportation or they have early timing for train and other thing.

20. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think the amount of unhygienic and the issues with the cleaning is what needs to be done properly. And then places nearby the station can be checked. I have seen that most of the travel points are away from station. so that may add up the expenses. So if you are trying to save money. Instead get couch surfing options. So that you'd have some level of help as well.