Hotel Rates Comparison Tools

Discussion in Travel started by MyDigitalpoint • Jun 7, 2015.

1. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    With summertime just a round the corner, looking for the best hotel deal seems as easy as a piece of cake using one of the many hotel rates comparison tools available online.

However, we must keep in mind that most of these tools are available on a commission basis for the site where these are made available, what makes me wonder how reliable is this information.

I mean, is this really the good way to find the best deals or lower prices for a hotel room, or do you think that booking directly with a hotel is a better idea?

2. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I downloaded an app on my phone called Trivago and they pull up all the prices listed for the area you are looking for. They compare the prices and show you the ones that have deals going on for the dates you are looking for, its a great app if you are trying to save some money.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    These days it's very easy to find where the good deals are since you could just compare each one with a click of a button as opposed to back then when you had to call each hotel individually to get the price of each one. The way I so it is that I look up the prices of my booking agent of choice where all the hotel prices are collated and compared, and they even also provide discount through seasonal promos. I think it's still best to check external sources as much as possible though since you could potentially be missing out on a few details that you might have missed or there might be better offers that were left listed.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some sites do offer good deals and also offer the lowest price you can find. Now most hotels will do the same on their own sites, so with bigger chains it may be cheaper on their own sites.

Then of course some of these sites have other incentives like coupons and codes which can make it cheaper or ebates. You weigh it up,and see the savings. I know hotel.com always send me $20 off codes and have a loyalty scheme for free nights after so many stays.

Also smaller hotels without automated bookings aren't always cheaper and they rely on the sites to get them bookings and to take care of things. This is more so in Europe where some small hotels are run by families and English is not their first language.