Hotel toiletries

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Theo • Aug 26, 2014.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm going to hold my hand up and say I raid the housekeeping cart when I see it unattended. Once my brother and I saw it and they were all Neutrogena products and we filled our cases.
    I will also ask for extras or if I don't need my room serviced, housekeeping usually offer me handfuls of toiletries as I am saving them time.
    I stock up on shampoo bottles and small bars of soap rather than conditioners or moisturizers. I have had some nice brands, La Source and Crabtree and Evelyn.
    What are your favorite items to take?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Your post made me smile. While I am leary of raiding the cart for fear I will be caught, I have asked for extra things, especially lotion. Also, I usually take what is on my counter that day, then allow the housekeeper to come in and clean. Usually, the housekeeper will refill the items that have been 'used' (or taken and put away in my bag). I use travel shampoos for travel; it keeps my bags light when I'm only doing a quick one or two night stay somewhere. Often times we travel with just our back backs so the hotel size containers of shampoo, conditioner and lotion are perfect. Recently, I had a stay that offered eye-makeup remover. I guess they are tired of having to bleach their white washcloths. Another place had a separate tan colored wash cloth specifically for eye make-up and asked for the clients to please use it for the intended purpose. I really liked the eye make up remover wipes, but this was a first and I haven't seen it since.

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I don't raid the cart but I will take the products with me if I don't use them. The weird thing is I usually just toss them or give them away because I don't feel like storing them, but I like knowing I have some free personal care products if I need them. I am amazed at some of the nice brands I have, Crabtree and Evelyn and L'occitane are two of my favorites.

4. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I am always looking for freebies. The more upscale hotels have great toiletries. For example, I visited a Grand Hyatt hotel room in Atlanta that had treseme products. They also do mind giving you as many as you want. I take as many shampoo and conditioner bottles as I can.

5. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I always find a chance to get my hands on hotel toiletries. It is really a very good feeling to be able to get your hands upon some of the best brands and be able to use it for at least some time. I do not think that the hotel officials actually mind when the customers take some of their toiletries as they very well know the mindset of people and make it a point to include all the required charges beforehand in the bills. Hence, you are charged for everything that is present in the room, no matter how little of it you would use.

6. jellybean

jellybeanMember

Threads:
    I never raid housekeeping carts, housekeepers are so nice and willing to give extras if you just ask. My favorites are the Disney resort shampoos, conditioners, and of course the soap. Very high quality, plus cute bottles. Also the company that makes the products H20Plus are dedicated to the restoration of the ocean, so I feel better about using the products.