Hotels Booking With Food Included

Discussion in Food & Drink started by naruto100 • Jul 8, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Hello, Few months back I have booked hotel with break fast included. It has also option to include dinner.

For including breakfast I have paid healthy amount. Normally I don't include breakfast or dinner like this way, but this time I wanted to check it out. No doubt breakfast menu was good with unlimited quantity. But even with unlimited quantity not all people can eat that much.

As I have calculated approx, in the end I had paid more money for including breakfast than what we ate. We could have lower the amount if we had ordered the breakfast separately.

So it is kind of wasting money for us. What is your experience with it? Do you think such deals are worthy?

2. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I never book hotels that often but when I do, I want to make the most of it, and that will usually include buffet meals even if I had to pay extra. Those are little treats that I give to myself and my child and something I always save up for. I can still save some money by booking during off season. I've just booked myself and my son in a hotel/leisure park and instead of paying $150 each for regular rates, I ended up paying only $110 each for a 24 hour stay with buffet dinner, breakfast, and lunch. We just did what we can to make the most of the stay and the park offered a lot of amenities like swimming pool, kayak, slides, zipline, and sky bicycle so the fee was all worth it. I came to know about the park when our company used it as a venue for a team building activity.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest I don't like to include food as I am a vegetarian and they can't always guarantee the right kind of food. I don't mind a buffet breakfast as that is usually safe, but I don't like the idea of being stuck somewhere to eat at a certain time.

It also depends on the area, because if there is nowhere nearby to eat then that maybe the best option. I once stayed somewhere that was quite remote and I had breakfast included, but cooked meals for myself with a microwave rather than use the restaurant next door. It was cheaper and also meant I could eat when I wanted and if I wanted to.

4. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Jamille@Jamille That sounds logical too. If someone is not going out often then yes enjoying all these stuff is okay and good too. But for those who are going often to such place, then this things can cost them more for sure. Even I will not count the money if I am taking my girl out for enjoyment purpose. After all we are earning for them only.

@Theo@Theo I don't think you will face any problem even if you are vegetarian. Even I am vegetarian. And the place I am talking about is 100% vegetarian only. The thing is that instead of including break fast and dinner (which will cost lot more), we can directly go to restaurant of the same hotel, or order individual item in our room directly as per our need. This will surely cost less than those included food.

#4Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When we go abroad, I always look for a hotel with breakfast included. I understand that it is more expensive especially for a buffet breakfast. What I’m after is the convenience. I am on a holiday, right? And when on a holiday, the purpose is to enjoy yourself so why not enjoy your trip to the fullest? In the earlier years of our travel to Singapore, we stayed in Fragrance hotel, a cheap hotel located in a not so nice area. Since it has no restaurant, I had to search for breakfast and usually I just buy snack food in the nearest convenience store. That was really inconvenient much more when you consider the food. In our later travels, we are now booking in good hotels near the Bugis area and with complimentary buffet breakfast.

6. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy You are true about enjoying the holiday. But if hotel is already having restaurant then we can order the breakfast separately directly into our room. That will be easy too, no problem at all. I can understand that if we have to go out for breakfasting purpose then it is kind of inconvenient but if hotel is having their own restaurant then we can order as we like. And I am sure it will cost us less. Though quantity will be limited. Not like buffet breakfast. But I will tell the truth, I enjoyed that included breakfast.

#6Jul 10, 2017
  7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I look for a hotel to stay I always pay for the food included in the final value. Those combos are always good and interesting because they really offer great discounts (but of course this will vary from hotel to hotel).

8. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    Usually when we stay at a hotel, it is one that offers free continental breakfast. The quality of the breakfast really differs from hotel chain to the next. I have stayed at some that the food was just delicious and others that was not so good. However, I do not complain too much about free food and it does make it nice that you can just go downstairs and have breakfast instead of having to stop at a restaurant where it could waste some of your time before you get to do the fun things that you have planned for vacation.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't booked a hotel with breakfast included just yet as I enjoy going to different restaurants and spending time with my family there we usually take two hours and it's cheaper when paying up front. We usually visit a different buffets everyday we stay there to try different varieties, I don't mind much having to wait a bit more.

10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @morgoodie@morgoodie Yes we can't complain always if food is free. Though I never come through any such deal where I can have free breakfast including hotel. I have paid separately for it. But yes instead of going to separate restaurant and wasting time, this thing is much more convenient. Though I still think it can cost you more. If hotel is having restaurant than we can order them directly to our room as per our need.

#10Jul 11, 2017
  11. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Due to AirBNB not a lot of hotels are offering them. I have found that in fact hotels are now more expensive than before. And for the food included some of those hotels can be really bad. You can see that it can be really good to have some options on your side. As you can see hotels that offer good food are worth going for. But in some hill station you can't have everything for sure.

12. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @overcast@overcast True... I don't know about AirBNB, I guess I have heard the name. But yes not all hotels offer good food which is included. Though in one I went for offered really good food. But I can't say same thing for all. But even if I talk about that hotel, if I had ordered separately then I could have save more money for sure with satisfaction.

#12Jul 20, 2017
  13. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Well, in regards to motels and hotels, the price in the US is quite expensive, even at Motel 6. In that case, it's always nice to get as many free meals as possible. Nonetheless, though, if a person has enough to spend on lodging, then there is a good chance he/she doesn't care to spend even more for food.

14. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I have booked breakfast with my booking, but it cost me quite more. Though it was my first experience so I gone for it. I noticed that in the end I had paid more. I could have save money if I ordered my breakfast separately. I mean not included one. Though it is not same thing for everyone. Sometimes we can get really good deal. And yes we should take benefit of each free meals offer.