House Facelifting: Plants Are Sacrificed

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Nakitakona • Apr 1, 2017.

1. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I share my wife's disgust for her favorite ornamental plants are being disturbed especially her best collection of orchids. Six months ago, I retired from the government service and with a little retirement money I had I used it to renovate our humble house. There was an extension to our not spacious orchard where my wife's plants are located.

She had to suffer some of her plants for lack of space due to that house expansion we have had. Do you have any suggestion which my wife's plants would be spared and would take their blooming and growing seasons again.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a sad thread for me because I don't think you can save the trees especially the old ones. With the mention of orchard, I am assuming fruit trees have to be sacrificed. For the flowering plants or even edible plants, they can be transplanted into bigger plastic pots just like what I did to our star fruit - a small tree that is thriving in a rubber pot and is giving us lots of fruits.

3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    You can try to save some of the plants or even small trees affected by the renovation by starting a vertical garden. All you need is a blank wall or a blank fence by which to hang the potted plants. This type of garden is great for land-challenged urban dwellers who want to pursue the pleasures of gardening. Otherwise, you can extend the window sills of your house a bit and place the potted pots on them. You can also construct a window garden box. If you have access to the rooftop, you may want to start a simple rooftop garden.