Hover Boards

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by gracer • Jan 24, 2016.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I thought they were fun and I always wanted to try one, but now that I hear that they explode I am terrified to get on one. I know people are getting banned from taking them on planes now.

2. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Before all the news about the defects of Hover Boards came out, I also thought it was cool to look at because they were being introduced by local celebrities in my area. But when I heard about the explosions being reported with regards to the battery and all, my interest suddenly changed to fear and dismay.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They look fairly dangerous to me. Not only could you fall and break and something, but the fire danger looks fairly real. My son had an electric scooter once that I fell on, and I got hurt...at least I did not break anything. That would be a total disaster!

4. JusApee

JusApeeNew Member

Threads:
    Give them time. Hover boards are new and may be a bit buggy. They surely don't have the feeling of skateboards or snowboards, so give people time to test and perfect them. They may be dangerous right now, I agree, but nobody asked those guys to endanger themselves. I wouldn't use one on the street if I got one, and yes, I'd like a Hover Board

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hehe your priest sounds like he's a fun guy with a sense of humour! I know a lot of people will have been up in arms because of it, but I bet he must have grabbed the attention of the younger kids who probably thought he was oh so cool! The church can be so rigid, I mean really, to threaten the poor guy with suspension?!

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It was big news early this year. From what I had read in the following reports, the priest was not suspended but transferred. The reason of the priest was his arthritic legs hence he availed of the hover board. But obviously that stunt was to be unique as to attract attention. And it did. I also believe that the priest has a sense of humor and very creative at that.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Corzhens@Corzhens.....I'm glad to hear that the priest wasn't suspended after all. Clearly common sense must have prevailed, if indeed they ended up just transferring him. It's a shame the church, especially orthodox churches like the Roman Catholic church never really want to deviate from old practices and what they know. The minute something is done a little differently, it often comes in for a lot of criticism!