How about the water?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by troutski • Jul 17, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not all bottled waters taste the same, whether they're tap water or not. Some include minerals to alter the taste, and others do not. I'm not a plastic water bottle snob, so I'll drink just about any brand. However, I prefer SmartWater, Voss, Dasani, and Fiji Water to other brands. Well, the Sam's Choice brand is pretty good, too. I know I'm not the only person that thinks bottled waters taste different.

What are your favorite and least favorite waters? I can't say that I have a least favorite because the taste isn't THAT DIFFERENT for each bottled water brand.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to drink bottled water, but I won't anymore. Yes, the taste is much different between the brands and some even hurt my stomach. Not only do I not trust the bottled water and especially some of the brands I refuse to support with my dollar, but they're all just tap water with plastic and it's chemicals leaching into it. I filter my tap water at home. Also not ideal, but better than the alternatives until I can get a good one for the entire home.

3. troutski

Threads:
    Hey, I understand that view completely. Where can you actually get truly fresh water that doesn't require filtering or contain chemicals anyways? We passed that by decades ago, I bet. I can't stand the tap water in my house, even when it's filtered, which is why I choose plastic water bottles. I wish there was a better alternative to both choices, though.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thankfully I now live in place where the water from the tap actually is beneficial for your health. It also tastes delicious. Previously I had to buy water as I lived on a property that only had a rainwater tank. I don't like drinking rain water as it is too acidic in nature and affects my stomach. Also, I was worried about invisible bugs and bacteria inside the tank. So I used to order spring water by the gallons from a local company that used to be delivered in glass bottles. I never buy plastic anymore since I know how toxic it is, especially if the bottles have been sitting in the sun for a long time. Occasionally I buy mineral water, such as Pellegrino, Perrier or Galvanino.

5. Spowys

SpowysMember

Threads:
    I don't like bottled water. I grew up in the country and drank out of a natural well all my life. That's what water is supposed to taste like. The bottled water with 'minerals added' really changes the flavor. It's sterile tasting and weird, like it should be in a dentists office. I prefer the taste of natural, earthy water.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest I never see much of a difference between bottled waters... I usually get Smart Water, but the one by Trader Joe's is also fine for me. The only water I prefer over the others is Evian because somehow it manages to be lighter than others, but I can't explain why. But I'm not a picky person when it comes to choosing which water I'll drink. Where I live I can't drink it from the tap, but any bottled and drinkable water is fine.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't drink a lot of bottled water. The water from my tap is good I keep a travel bottle that I fill up when I need to go out so that I do not have to spend money on bottled water. I like the taste of the tap water better than the water that is filtered in the refrig. I do purchase the big flavored water from Walmart as a treat to myself just because I like the flavored water, it is carbonated so I let the water go flat before I drink it.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have any favorite or least favorite bottled water because I don't really buy one. It's been ages since I bought one, since I figured that I would rather spend my money on soda instead of bland water. But I do remember that bottled water has that distinct taste that our purified water doesn't have.

9. troutski

Threads:
    I feel like most waters have a distinct taste compared to each other. We have a different brand at my house every week, depending upon what's cheapest. And yes, I know bottles are more expensive than purifying the water at home.

10. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I use to drink bottled water and always felt the same. I hate Dasani water, it tastes terrible to me. I really just cannot drink it. Smart Water isn't terrible, but it does have a peculiar taste as well. I like Ozarka and the Walmart equivalent of it. When I first started drinking it it tasted weird, but all bottled water did. But after the first few bottles I learned to enjoy it and it is my favorite. Not sure why.