How Bad Is Comcast?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Oct 16, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not a US resident and I came across this article and it made me wonder how awful this company really was to warrant such a reaction.

We're fortunate enough not to have such terrible providers, but at the same time the speed standard here isn't all that great anyway, but at least they make up for it with good enough customer service.

I'm just curious to hear if anyone else here has any horror stories about this company so I could have more of a picture on how bad they really are by reading about more personal stories and experiences.

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    Meh I mean in my area the only reliable internet with the speed they give us is Comcast. I wouldn't say they're terrible but it is frustrating when I know exactly what I want and they keep pushing products on you. I know that's just part of the job though so I try to not be too mad at the sales people :/

I also pay my bills online and do most of my transactions online so I don't really worry about face-to-face incompetency or whatever.

3. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    The actual product of Comcast isn't bad as I've been very happy with my internet performance over the past few years that they've been my provider. But holy cow, their customer service is absolutely atrocious. I understand that bugs and outages happen with internet, but getting someone out to my house and fixing the problem has been a nightmare in the past. For example, the last time I had to call somebody out, they ended up being 4 hours late and I had to miss work for the day.

I don't get how a company that large could be so lax in their customer service aspect. If I find a better deal or a service that offers just as good internet performance, I would not hesitate to switch providers.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you got an hour? I didn't used to hate them until that time our internet cut out. They are the rudest most evil company and I think it's stupid when people defend them saying they have to make so much money because of their shareholders. Oh la de dah. I've said some stuff about them in the past but one thing I haven't mentioned before is recently our bill went up (we have the triple play whoopee wow!!!) and it took 3 hours to talk to them about this one issue. Mom went on the phone then she went on the chat and finally we just gave up because the person left without saying anything.
    Unsurprisingly I still can't get Direct TV. I know satellite can go out when it rains but the less service I have with this company the better.

Simple. They know they can get away with it. Monopolies have no reason to care about how they treat the customers because in the end they still get a whole lot of money and let's not forget that they own other companies too which they get money from.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We recently upgraded the internet and it seems to me I am having more trouble with my computer than when we had the slower speed. The computer seems to be moving slower than before and at times gets so slow I can not finish my postings.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One time, my ex wasn't home when the Comcast guy came to collect the cable box for nonpayment.
    The Comcast guy wouldn't leave and basically wanted me to break into my ex's house to retrieve the cable box for him.