How Can I Maintain My Anger ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion & General Questions' started by Kiama, Sep 7, 2017.

1. KiamaMember

I have a friend who has anger management problems. She is the kind of person who is Very kind and nice but once something gets her angry you can not believe it's the girl you knew. She utters any word that will come to her mind, breaks, things and to some extent even threatening to kill.

Being a friend I have tried working her through anger control, even setting her up with a psychiatrist but it's all in vain. What anger management techniques would you recommend?

2. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

My best advice is just to tell her to try and walk away from the situation or simply ignore who ever is bothering her. If that does not work then look for a new form of anger management counseling. Maybe suggest she gets out of the rough environment, practice on mediating, working out or invest in a hobby to rid her of stress.

3. KiamaMember

I think those are good suggestions especially that one of investing some of her time in her hobby. She loves swimming and am sure while she is out there having fun in a pool in one of her bad days it might help her.

4. Rock1987

Rock1987Member

The best way to maintain your anger is by doing meditation and yoga every morning. Taking deep breaths 5-6 times at a time also helps in relaxing body and soul and reducing anger. I always speak in a calm tone irrelevant of the person's tone standing in front of me. I have helped lot of my friends and relatives in controlling their anger.

5. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

I had a friend like this but hers was alcohol related. In the end I didn't want to be her friend because although she was nice when sober she was frightening when she had been drinking. The awful thing was she couldn't remember how horrible she had been at the time.

She had two children who were taken away from her permanently and was supposed to go to counselling but she would always make an excuse because she said she didn't have a problem. I think people with any kind of serious anger issues should seek help no matter what the cause as there is usually some deep rooted problem.