How cheap are flowers where you live?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Peninha • Jan 5, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to buy a lot of flowers to my wife because they are not very expensive and I used to pass by a florist on my way home. Now I don't do it so often because my kids changed school, but I do pick some flowers on the way home as well. It's something that really make her happy and it's not very expensive.

How cheap are flowers where you live? Do you usually buy them?

2. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I am so lucky to live in an area with a vegetable market that sells the cheapest flowers I have ever seen in my life. I can buy a bouquet of one type of flower from 1.50 to 3.00, and full arrangements with a variety of flowers are around 5 or 6 dollars.

It is awesome because I can mix and match a few different bouquets and a take them home to make my own flower arrangement for under 6 bucks.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is really cheap indeed, $3 per bouquet if they are fresh is an awesome price. This December I actually bought some white roses that last me more than one month, were they magical? :D I never had roses that lasted this long.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Flowers can be very cheap where we live abroad, but expensive in our home country. I think when we are abroad it only costs about .50 cents U.S. dollar to get a bundle of field flowers. There are more expensive exotic flowers but that means .50 cents a stalk which still isn't very bad when I compare it to prices back home.