How do to dress if I'm poor?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by pfaemaster • Jul 7, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Thrift shops! I really love visiting thrift shops because they always have wonderful clothes for sale. Some of them are even branded if you are into branded stuff. Sometimes, when a dress has a style that is too old fashioned, I take it to the tailor to have it repaired. :D

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd have wanted to tell you that being poor and having no dress sense are not two sides of the same coin. It all depends on you and how resourceful you are. Try the flea markets and shop for cheap but stylish clothes. If you're not sure what's your style, then try to scour online for trends that suit your taste. This will give you an idea of what you should look for when out shopping for clothes. Go to the mall and see if there's a bargain.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Thrift shops and consignment shops are your best friend. If you have places like Goodwill or Salvation Army stores around, they are great places to find excellent, even very high quality clothes for only a few dollars a piece. When I lived in a town that had a Salvation Army store, I found them to be the best bargain I had ever seen. I got a professional black pencil skirt for $4, looked new. You have to shop frequently to find the good items in there, but once you get used to how to hunt through the racks you can do it pretty quickly. I learned how to look like a million bucks for less than $20 by finding the right items that way.

4. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I buy the majority, if not all, of my clothes at Goodwill and thrift shops. Every time I go I find unworn shirts with their tags still attached. They also have name brand clothing quite often. It's very easy to dress fancy and be poor if you know how to look.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite go-to for clothes shopping on a budget are outlet and clearance sales. I love these options because they offer products at a second hand price but they are brand new. The only downside is that you'd have to be a good digger and explorer, but the atmosphere at these things are definitely still better than most boutique thrift stores, in my opinion at least.

6. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    Budget Shopping

Personally, I do not like to spend alot of money on clothing if I do not have to. You can shop at places like a flea market, goodwill, or platos closet if you don't mind used clothing. You can also shop online at different stores that have clothing for under ten dollars.