How Do You Choose a Car to Buy?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by nwitt • Mar 24, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I'm curious how everyone chooses a car to buy? Do you spend a lot of detailed time doing research online? Do you ask the opinions of family members or friends? Do you just go visit a car shop and look at cars in person and try driving them? I've only purchased one new vehicle in my life and I did extensive research online and then tried it out and bought it. I was also very focused on priced though, as it was my first car.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mainly research online and ask my friends that know a lot about cars. As I work at an automotive company, there is a lot of people there that can help me pick the best one. I am currently looking for my next car after seven years with the Chevrolet, and I am making sure to pick the best one according to my needs. I am mainly looking online and asking for opinions from some friends. I’m also interested in getting a brand new car, so I’m keeping my eyes open for the promotions and sales.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Since I don't know that much about cars and their hidden defects I always bring a friend along to help me out. If I were to buy a car all by myself I'd go with the cheapest :eek: But we can guess how that's gonna end up. I always try to meet the seller in person and have my friend check the car. A lot of sellers clean and paint to hide certain car issues and you can end up buying a car that breaks down on the road home.

4. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I recently bought a brand new car a couple of months ago, and before I bought it, I talked to my mechanic friend about it to get his opinion. I also read a few reviews online. Mostly, though, I wanted to make sure the payments I would be making on my car were acceptable for my budget. That was the biggest thing for me.

5. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    That's a good idea - bring a friend or mechanic. I also don't know a ton about cars. I guess I typically would buy new though, so I wouldn't looking at used vehicles that might have damage or other issues wrong.

6. canoe

canoeMember

Threads:
    I simply do a lot of research online. I've noticed that in order to make sure you're getting the best deal and not getting scammed, you need to have a pretty good knowledge about cars in general. It took me some time to get to learn about the intricacies of a car but it was definitely worth it to buy a car that would last a very long time. I almost never buy new so it's imperative I do my research on the car beforehand.